Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Badgers Basketball

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries
This is just disgusting. The Badgers went from a two or three seed to a four or maybe a five. If they lose here they'll probably drop to a 4, and then the committee may knock them down further because they lost Hughes. It looked like he tore his achilles or something. What a frickin nightmare.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boy oh boy, Travon just went down. It may be a sprained ankle or could be his knee, but he went down and was in a LOT of pain. Hopefully guys can step up in his absence.

Playing Michigan State is about as fun as a root canal, win or lose. Nice to see Landry stepping up on the post.

I just hope Hughes can come back next week.

I think the last time I felt this disgusted I was standing in Wrigley watching Aramis Ramirez's home run sail away. Can we just forfeit this meaningless game before we lose anyone else for the season?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
They beat Texas without Hughes. It's not the end of the world.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

ummm, what just happened?

Bohannon certainly did his best to choke that one away. Great win.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Oh, man. Not sure how the heck that worked out, but I guess I will take it.

Now may Wisconsin and Michigan State fail to meet in the NCAA tournament. I'm just tired of looking at Neitzel and Izzo.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I think Bohannon is about 8th on my list now of "Who I want to shoot free throws in a pressure situation." I think he peed himself.

And Hughes being out isn't "the end of the world" but who's their third guard now? I know Krabbenhoft can play guard a bit, but they usually only really go 7 deep anyway. That looked nasty, I'm just praying he can play next week but I won't get my hopes up.

Another thing is that the committee sometimes slides teams down a bit if a player is injured for the tournament. Although UW's biggest nonconference win and the huge comeback today were without him, so who knows.

This figures, I watched most of the game, then had to leave with about five minutes left...I just saw the final score now.

I hope Hughes is ok.

Someone might want to tell the Spartans to adjust to the officials once the game gets underway.

Does anyone have any idea about Hughes' injury? I guess we'll get an update tomorrow, but losing him for the big dance would certainly hurt. And what was with Bohannon?!? He almost airballed the first one. I was ready to just about collapse when Neitzel went up at the end there....that would have been really really painful.

Thankfully he missed, and we pulled out an amazing comeback in a game that we played just terrible in. I'm sure I'm not the only one that was jumping up and down when Flowers got the breakaway! GO RED!!

I was very pleased with the outcome to that game, despite playing as poorly as UW did for the majority of the game. J-Bo's free throws nearly gave me a heart attack, especially with Neitzel bringing the ball up with seven seconds left (honestly, there can't be too many more-feared shooters in the NCAA in that situation). Luckily, it wasn't a very good shot and we were able to pull out the W -- not that I think it truly matters, considering the Big Ten championship will end about 20-30 minutes before the tourney selection show begins. UW, in my mind, deserves a 2 seed, but I'm positive they won't get it.

who are you guys putting ahead of wisc. to make them have a 3 seed? i see them getting a 2 unless they lose tomorrow, which i cant remember if that really matters b/c the committee already has the bracket made by the end of the championship game correct? or am i off on that?

heres my projections

1 seeds-Tennessee, Memphis, UNC, UCLA

2 seeds-Texas, Kansas, Duke and Wisconsin as the last 2 seed...

am i forgetting someone? i could see georgetown maybe taking the 2 seed if they win tonight and tomorrow but other then that i cant think of who else would slide up

Georgetown's pretty easily in front of UW, most likely. Luck or not, they won a better league and are in their final, dominating the past two games. I'd still be happier with a 3 in the Detriot regional than a 2 seed out East. About the 1's, I wouldn't be surprised if Kansas or Texas overtakes Tennessee for the final 1 seed, even though I don't agree with it.

Apparently Hughes is a game-time decision tomorrow. That's surprising considering his writhing in pain. I really hope he doesn't play unless he's somehow near 100%. I'd have to imagine that win or lose, UW's a 3 seed so don't risk it.

Can we just forfeit this meaningless game before we lose anyone else for the season?

i cant let this one get by. still want the forfeit? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived