Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Badgers Basketball

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries
  • Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

10 of 50 shooting. I will say that having watched the whole game, Michigan's shot selection was pretty poor, but even so, that takes a hell of a defensive effort to hold a team to 34 points.

And after the game, Digger Phelps corrected Hubert Davis on his assessment that the Badgers wouldn't be able to go very far in the tourney without a go to scorer, reminding him that the (2000?) Badgers went all the way to the Final 4 playing a very similar style of ball. (tough D, good shot selection)

Yes, they'll need more from Butch than today's one point effort, but I just don't see not having one "go to guy" as a detriment.

Tennessee squeaked by the almighty South Carolina. I maintain that they aren't as good as their record indicates, and if they match up with a good defensive team in the tournament they'll struggle (they had a tough time with Ohio State, for example).

Here's how I see the seeding playing out

1 seeds

Memphis

North Carolina

UCLA

Kansas

2 seeds

Duke

Tennessee

?

?

With Tennesse's win today, they locked up a two seed--things would have gotten interesting if they blew it though. Recent losses by Xavier, Louisville and Stanford probably took them out of the discussion for a two.

In my mind, the three teams contending for the final two 2-seeds are Georgetown, Texas and Wisconsin. It would have been huge if Texas lost to Oklahoma State today, but they were able to hold on. Texas has been pretty shaky the last couple weeks, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did not reach the Big 12 Final. We should be rooting for West Virginia to knock off Georgetown tonight as well.

It will probably come down to which two of those three teams does well in their conference tournaments.

And after the game, Digger Phelps corrected Hubert Davis
You mean Herbert? That was the funniest thing that going to half, Brent Musburger called him Herbert and pretty much the whole halftime segment they were going on about Herbert. Then coming back to start the 2nd half Musburger is going out of his way to apologize over and over and over again. I don't know why, but I thought that was hilarious!

Michigan shoots 20% for the game. How Michael Flowers didn't win DPOY is beyond me.

When Erin Andrews interviewed Flowers after today's game, and mentioned his shutdown of the Wolverines' Harris (after the same guy scored a bunch vs. Wisconsin in Madison), Michael said something like "Yeah, rumor has it that's how I missed out on defensive player of the year."

At least that's what I thought I heard. It was kind of loud where I was watching.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Michigan State beat OSU this afternoon, so we get to face Neitzel and the gang again...for some reason this is the team that I just don't like playing. You never know when Neitzel will go off and make 3 rediculous threes in like 2 minutes...ugh. Hopefully Flowers can contain him again.

Even though Wisconsin is better than Michigan State, I still hate playing them. Though considering the game isn't at the Breslin Center, UW should be alright. I just can't stand the smugness of Izzo.

Also, Stevo, Tennessee might not be the "best" team, but I still don't see how they don't have the best profile in the country. Number 1 RPI, 1 SOS, and 10 wins against the RPI Top 50. They're also the only team in contention for a 1 that hasn't lost to a non tournament team. To me, it would be kind of a joke if they don't get a 1 seed. I still wouldn't be surprised if Kansas gets a 1 seed ahead of them though, because they're supposed to be better.

Not to cut into the Badger talk, but Minnesota vs. Illinois on the other side of the Big ten Tourney bracket? Wow.

That was a wild end sequence to the Minnesota/Indiana game.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

If you're rooting for Wisconsin, how can you not like what happened in the tournament today? I'm sure Michigan State will be a tough game for them, but having Purdue and Indiana both out of the tournament has to make Bo smile a little.

Neitzel had a great game but if you look at his highlights he had open looks. Ask Manny Harris about open looks. Izzo hates Bo so this is going to be a great game and we will see how strong Michael Flowers is on back to back bust your butt nights. Interesting the dpoy for Purdue got picked apart in overtime. Don't see that happening to MF in the half court.

If you're rooting for Wisconsin, how can you not like what happened in the tournament today?

i dont like it because whoever wins the illinois-minnesota game will be playing to get into the tournament...serious stakes for them.

definitely nice to see purdue out though.

Michigan shoots 20% for the game. How Michael Flowers didn't win DPOY is beyond me.

When Erin Andrews interviewed Flowers after today's game, and mentioned his shutdown of the Wolverines' Harris (after the same guy scored a bunch vs. Wisconsin in Madison), Michael said something like "Yeah, rumor has it that's how I missed out on defensive player of the year."

At least that's what I thought I heard. It was kind of loud where I was watching.

Confirmed, via "ESPN Motion".

Big Ten Tournament-wise, having Purdue and Indiana go down are good things for UW. If they can scratch and claw their way past MSU, the tournament title will be theirs for the taking. Since it seems that the BTT finals have historically had no bearing on tournament seeding because of timing issues, a victory over MSU will hopefully allow the selection committee to give the Badgers the benefit of the doubt for the final game.

*Knocking on large, wooden table*

Archived