Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Badgers Basketball

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries
Given the situation (conf. tourney) & the fact that this isn't exactly the first blunder for Pac-10 refs this season, I wonder how closely this will be reviewed. Can they even replay the last few seconds of a tourney game?
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's minutes to tipoff and mine is the first post in this thread on March 14? I guess the rest of you are actually at televisions.

I'm hoping there's a seat left at the Union by the noon hour. Go Badgers!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

No television, but I did sneak in the ol' Walkman today. (Taking vacation for the actual Tourney games next week, so this is the last Badgers game I'm going to miss....which is hard to believe considering how many games have been on BTN this year.)

The battle for a #2 seed begins!

I also took off for next week's games, so I'm stuck using the ESPN gamecast, which is tremendously slow. Better than nothing I suppose. Oh yea, I should be working too...

One thing I did notice that was from our first 10 points, 5 different guys had 2 points...just great team play.

Sitting here actually watching the game, brwrsfan, you've hit it right on the head. Offense and defense, they're really playing well as a TEAM. Erin A. had a report that the last time we played Michigan, Manny Harris scored 20 some points on Flowers and Flowers took that personally and has really shut him down so far today.

Yeah, they said Flowers thought maybe the Michigan game was why he didn't get Defensive POY, which is a joke by the way. Butch not looking too hot, and Bo picks up a technical, heh.

Wow you're right Craig. I don't think I've ever seen that hah. At least he missed one of the throws.

Thanks for the tip, brewstew.

Does 620 not stream? They started the tip and then it stopped!

I thought UW football and men's basketball broadcasts weren't free. I think it's up to Learfield Sports and not 620 or other individual stations.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

FYI...ESPN 360 has this game streamed live. Really good quality too.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Offense is chuggin' along a bit today, but the defense is *sharp*.

If Butch and/or Krabby would EVER go strong to the basket, they just might be dangerous.

They both do a lot of good things on the floor, but they both act like they're terrified of contact on the offensive end of the floor.

Of course, we've all been saying this since they've been getting PT at Wisco, so it's nothing new.

If Butch and/or Krabby would EVER go strong to the basket, they just might be dangerous.

They both do a lot of good things on the floor, but they both act like they're terrified of contact on the offensive end of the floor.

I like Stiemsma better down low than Butch, because Stiemsma seems to have more moves and knows what to do. Krabby, I don't know why he doesn't go strong. He seems like one of those gritty, grind it out kind of guys, the ones who will do whatever you need, yet he hesitates to take it strong. But they're winning right now, playing stifling defense. They've got to keep it up in 2nd half, don't let down and win this game going away.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

That entire sequence was outstanding. Stiemsma with a fantastic outlet pass to Bohanon, two dribbles, and a perfect behind the back pass to Landry for the thunderous dunk. If the Badgers score 5 more points, this game is out of reach.

I didn't get the halftime commentator saying that the Badgers would be in trouble in the tourney because they don't have a "go to guy". That's what HURT them last year, because if Tucker was off, or the opposition buckled down on him, they had no other viable options. This team's leading scorer had 0 points at halftime, and they were winning by 8. I think this team has a much better balance, and that will be key in the tourney, IMO.

Archived