Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Badgers Basketball

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries
In the USA today poll, anyone else find it odd that Indiana is still ranked ahead of MSU? I think IU has the better team, but if the teams were very close together going into the week, and MSU crushes IU, wouldn't you put MSU ahead of IU on your ballot?

You're assuming that the voters ballots weren't already filled in before that game. I'll be surprised if IU is ahead of MSU next week (assuming both teams fair about equally over the course of this week).

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're assuming that the voters ballots weren't already filled in before that game. I'll be surprised if IU is ahead of MSU next week (assuming both teams fair about equally over the course of this week).

That's a good point. The entire voting system needs to improve I think. Voters just don't seem to be accountable for their votes, there is no possible way for them to watch every game and get an accurate perception of what is going on (especially in the coaches poll).

I would tend to disagree on head to head matchups though. I realize that it's not an automatic ranking ahead of the team you beat (in that Purdue is behind UW), but in this case, both teams were ranked between 12-15 last week...if you think that they are that close a week ago, and one beats the other, I would think that you would push MSU in front of IU.

Great win by OSU. This makes me want to listen to the audio of Matt LePay when they won they were undisputed BT champs. I downloaded it a couple of years ago, but I must have deleted it -- stupid me. Does anyone know where to get this file? Thanks

Gah...the Badgermaniac basketball forum includes threads on when to rush the court (tonight or Saturday?) and whether the trophy will be presented tonight. Remember the banner! Don't assume anything! Of course, I'm speaking as a fan who remembers some of the dry spells.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

what banner? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

they wont be that foolish...i am sure their plate is full already with senior night stuff.

what a way to go out...hopefully!

I found that audio I was talking about earlier when the Badgers were BT champs. It is has bunch of radio highlights with Matt LePay from I believe 2002. I have uploaded it onto the web for the rest of you to enjoy. Let me know if it does not work.

Download Here

Devin Harris, Boo Wade, Adreas Helmigk, Dave Mader, Freddy Owens are part of this mix. This just gets me pumped up for the season.

Edit: I am having troubles getting it set up on the web.

Community Moderator
Wow, the Badgers are Big Ten Champs (or at least will share the title). I can't believe it, I don't know anyone who saw this coming. Hopefully a run to the elite-8 or better will come out of this.

Clearly, Krabbe read the thread, and threw one down just for the bf.net crew.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Well, this game held 0% of the drama of the 2003 conference clincher vs. Illinois. Not that I'm complaining, but I almost felt sorry for Penn State after a while. Almost.

I think J-Bo must have missed the second half 3 on purpose to give Greg Stiemsma a highlight reel opportunity. It was heartening to see him so happy.

I took some pictures but I'll check later to see if any are worthy of posting.

Big Ten Champs! (co-champs at least) http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

How does Hubert Davis have a job analyzing college basketball? On ESPN's Power 16, 12 guys rank their top 16 and then they take the composite rankings. Wisconsin's 12 overall, mostly because Davis doesn't have them ranked at all in the top 16. Drake, Gonzaga, and MSU are in it. Everyone else has them 9-12 (Gottlieb even has them 11). The biggest joke is that he has Memphis as the 7th ranked team.

Archived