Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Badgers Basketball

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries
  • Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, Hawing, for sending me to the game in your place. I sure hope you feel better soon!

The one turnover is amazing, and one other thing, when's the last time a team shot under 40% for the game, but made 50% of its three-point attempts?

The refs really let a lot go tonight, too much in my opinion, the game was very physical at times.

Erin Andrews is my new best friend....I'll make sure to let her know someday.

I also snagged a student section seat for $20 last night, 7 rows up from the court. First off, Erin Andrews was NOT looking bad...I realized that she was attractive and all on TV, but I never really just how skinny she is. Her waist is almost non-existant, making some other assets look disproportionaly large for her body (not that I'm complaining).

About the game...there sure seemed to be a lot of contact all around that wasn't called. Solid game overall, though the lack of the ability to create a somewhat decent shot when the shotclock is winding down is a bit concerning (this happened at least 8 times last night and I don't think we scored on any of those possessions). Great defense on Neitzel - who was really, really getting a beating from the studen section (well deserved of course). I didn't realize that nearly everyone has the same dislike towards him that I did.

2 more to go...win one in the conference tourney and we might be looking at a 2 seed!

Splitter, I know you aren't thinking you're going to miss your first-born now, but when it actually comes time to pony him/her up to hawing, we'll see how glad you are you went to this game! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

when's the last time a team shot under 40% for the game, but made 50% of its three-point attempts?

I'd actually be willing to bet that this is a lot more common than it'd seem. I for one am really glad the 3-pt. line is getting moved back - and agree with Izzo that it should be moved back even further...farther?...further? Hell, my degree is in English, & I don't even know.

the lack of the ability to create a somewhat decent shot when the shotclock is winding down is a bit concerning (this happened at least 8 times last night and I don't think we scored on any of those possessions)

Problem is, it wasn't just last night - this is the 2007-08 Badgers' achilles heel. Basically, it comes down to which guy you want taking a random jumper - Butch, Hughes (my personal vote), Flowers, or maybe Bohannon - but he doesn't creat his own shot off the dribble that well. For a rushed j, I think Krabby deserves some consideration too, just 'cause he's Joe Cool, though.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

For a last second shot, it almost has to be Flowers or Hughes, though in a pinch Krabby or Bohanon I suppose. It just seems that Hughes and Flowers would be the only ones with a chance to create their own shot, though they don't seem to make it all that often. Or as the case in last night, good defense lead to just very contested, tough shots, most of which were missed. Butch trying to create just scares the bejizzes out of me!!

Archived