Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Badgers Basketball

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries

Once again though, we see the formula for how to beat the Badgers:

1) Pressure / aggrevate Hughes

2) Force turnovers

With Butch in early foul trouble, and Hughes having an off-night, they really needed that type of performance out of Bohannon to pick up the slack. I think that, eventually, a team with good defensive guardplay and a hot shooter is going to knock them out of the tournament, but here's hoping I'm wrong.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't Hughes the one guy that was reliable with the ballhandling? I don't recall him making any really bad turnovers. OSU's backcourt/guard defense is quick & sticky... Hughes did a real nice job in making keeping his dribble alive look easy imho.

Guard play is the one facet of the 2007-08 Badgers about which I feel there aren't any serious questions. I think the team to knock them out of the tourney will be one with a monstrous low-post presence. The Badgers have no answer for a Tyler Hansbrough, for example.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I thought Jarmusz looked OK the other day. He still should have red-shirted but I think he will be an asset next year off the bench.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I thought he was very solid yesterday. Long & athletic, with a solid jumper. Sure, he looked like a freshman at times, but what to expect? That was the first I got to see him play, and was impressed with how well he actually contributed (as opposed to just being out there on the floor). I think he can be a top-tier defender down the line... lanky & a fluid athlete.

Sweet new avatar, glennron.

I'd sure prefer Jarmusz as a 5th year senior than a handful of minutes every few games. That said, he looked pretty good, especially as a long, lanky play anywhere guy.

I'll take him on 4 normal years of eligibility if it means he's going to be fully ready for Big Ten action as a true soph. Given his performance Sunday, I don't see any reason to not expect some sound minutes from Jarmusz in 2008-09. Obivously I agree with you 100% on the second sentence. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Ah, Michigan State day. I know some of the bad blood has cooled a bit, but I still love beating these guys. I'm expecting a grind-it-out game (what Badgers game isn't, I suppose), but I guess I'm about as confident for this game as I was for Ohio State, which is: fairly confident, somewhat leery.

If the Badgers can avoid letting Sparty jump out to a big lead a la the second Purdue game, it will probably be a win.

Ah, Michigan State day. I know some of the bad blood has cooled a bit, but I still love beating these guys. I'm expecting a grind-it-out game (what Badgers game isn't, I suppose), but I guess I'm about as confident for this game as I was for Ohio State, which is: fairly confident, somewhat leery.

If the Badgers can avoid letting Sparty jump out to a big lead a la the second Purdue game, it will probably be a win.

More importantly....will Erin Andrews be working the game?

More importantly....will Erin Andrews be working the game?

Yup. Musberger, Lavin, and Andrews...again.

I'm not trying to underestimate Penn State and Northwestern (Evanston has been a house of horrors at times), but a big part of me feels (knows?) that this game is for the Big Ten Championship. If we win, our greatest obstacle for clinching at least a share is out of the way. I am so very nervous.

Beat MSU! Bo owns Izzo!

Stupid head cold - might keep me away from this game. And here I told FTJ I'd bring the camera and everything.

At least I can watch it at home. I do like to see Tom Izzo confounded.

I'll take the tickets off your hands http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif. Just kidding of course, I hope you feel better.

Man, my fifth grade basketball team was going to go to the first ever Kohl Center Big Ten game against the Michael Redd/Scoonie Penn-led Buckeyes. It ended up snowing like a foot that day so we couldn't drive from Milwaukee. Ten years later I've never seen a game at the Kohl Center http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif.

ESPN Classic is showing a UW-MSU game from 2002 at the Breslin Center right now. I'm pretty sure Wisconsin wins cause Bo started out like 6-0 against Izzo, although I don't remember either team being that great that year so I'm not sure why they'd choose this one over the near banner drop, MSU beating # 1 Wisconsin, or Kammron Taylor's winning shot in Madison last year. Although it's awesome seeing Wilkenson and Harris their freshman years, plus Penny, Owens, etc.

Edit: Nevermind, it's the game that snapped MSU's 53 game winning streak at home.

Archived