Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Badgers Basketball

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries

Brian Butch not getting that ball to the wide-open Bohanon in the far corner with ~ 50 sec. to play could be the difference between shooting FTs to hold the win, and having to claw it out to have a chance to win.

EDIT: WOW! What a play by Diebler to keep his dribble alive!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great box-out Tra Hughes!

YEAH BABY!

23-4

EDIT: This 2007-08 squad is as well-coached a team we've had since Bo's arrival. It's too bad there isn't a #1 scorer, and if our rebounding doesn't get better, there's probably no real shot at a national title. However, the team plays so efficiently as a unit, the defense is exceptional (if there's a better team defense out there, the advantage would be so small it'd be negligible), the guard-play is fantastic, and the jump shooting looks really sound. Hughes didn't have his shot today, and the boys still were Drano from 3.

Big win for the Badgers today, the schedule favors them the rest of the way to at least get a share of the Big Ten title. Today's win was very solid in my opinion. It gives us another win vs the RPI top 50 (I believe OSU is around 40). That puts us at 4-4 vs the Top 50, with another one coming up this week. We can only hope that OSU can finally get their "big" win this season against Indiana or Purdue....

the Badgers really got worked on the glass for long stretches of this game the whole game except for some bounces that went our way in the final minutes.

fixed http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

That dunk at the end of the game was revenge for the football season.

My cousin and I called that a disrespect dunk. Good game.

That wasn't anything close to a disrespect dunk. The game wasn't over yet (there were like 14-15 seconds left when they inbounded, up 3) and OSU still had to foul, it was a no-brainer to take two easy points and put the game out of reach.

I wasn't being serious of course. I meant like an "in your face" kinda dunk. And for the record I love those kinds of things(which it really wasn't).

I'm not doing a good job explaining what I meant, so I'll just say that if you were watching the game with me you'd understand. It's all in good fun.

3TO Apostle

I figured the Badgers would be pretty good this year and make the NCAA Tournament, but no way did i expect them to be 13-2 in conference play at this point. The Big Ten isn't very strong, 13-2 though is nothing to brush off as lucky to be in a down conference. Bo simply gets his teams to win games, props to him and all the guys on this team.

I thought the Badgers benefited from some no-calls at the end of the game

There was one no-call at the end of the game that was absolutely correct. A Buckeye player attempted a three and sort of flailed away after the shot. The crowd booed like crazy and Billy Packer and Verne Lundquist disgustedly exclaimed that it was a foul. I rewound the DVR and there was absolutely no contact at all. Not to speak for any other calls, but that one bothered me a bit.

I wasn't being serious of course. I meant like an "in your face" kinda dunk. And for the record I love those kinds of things(which it really wasn't).

I'm not doing a good job explaining what I meant, so I'll just say that if you were watching the game with me you'd understand. It's all in good fun.

Haha sorry, it's kind of hard to pick up on internet sarcasm sometimes.

Billy Packer is just a jerk in general. I still can't stand how he constantly criticizes individual players so much. I can't wait til he finally retires.

I still can't stand how he constantly criticizes individual players so much.

Ya know, if Jamar Butler had just gone to the rim off those high screens. You know, use his dribble to take it to the hole - the Buckeyes would've won.

I swear he harped on that 1 of every 2 OSU offensive trips.

"In Wisconsin's first five conference games, five different players scored 20+ points in each game. After watching them go against this defense today it's hard to see where that offense came from." I can almost guarantee that was the first Badgers game he saw. Usually I don't really care if announcers make dumb comments, but it bugs me that Packer is CBS's top announcer for CBB. I'd rather listen to any other announcer, because even if they know crap about the sport, they're not as arrogant and critical of players.

I still can't stand how he constantly criticizes individual players so much.

Ya know, if Jamar Butler had just gone to the rim off those high screens. You know, use his dribble to take it to the hole - the Buckeyes would've won.

I swear he harped on that 1 of every 2 OSU offensive trips.

The thing is, I can't hate on Packer for this because he was right! The Badgers have been pretty poor at hedging on those high screens all year. Dominic James abused us by doing exactly what Packer was calling for. Butler would have been wise to drive more.

Glenn pointed this out to me, but the best was in the first half when Krabbenhoft was double-teamed and found Bohannon with a very nice pass for a layup. Of course rather than saying it was a nice play by Krabbenhoft, Packer said, "See, that was Lighty's fault."

I'll also always remember him just ripping St. Joe's a few years ago saying they didn't deserve a 1 seed and just taking it way too far.

The thing is, I can't hate on Packer for this because he was right! The Badgers have been pretty poor at hedging on those high screens all year. Dominic James abused us by doing exactly what Packer was calling for. Butler would have been wise to drive more.

Don't get me wrong - he was right. But he was right the first time, and the second time, and the fifteenth time, and the 386th time...

Billy... we get it!

Better yet, Brian Butch didn't play much, but it wasn't due to a season ending injury. All I got to see of this game, despite it airing on broadcast TV, was the last minute or so of the first half, and when I saw Stiemsma on the floor, I honestly wondered for a split second if the polar bear might not be hurt again.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I thought they were going to use the term "smoke and mirrors" yesterday. There was one play where the OSU guy tripped his own guy. Packer says he "tripped over Krabbenhoft." I'm sure they couldn't see from where they were on the floor, but it seemed if OSU did something wrong, it was because Wisconsin fouled them.

The refs let them play. The hand checking by OSU was obvious. I think there were only 8 fouls called in the second half (at least late in the half).

Who cares? Chalk one up for the left-hand column.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Flowers has really improved his jump shot since he first stepped foot on campus. I used to cringe when he would shoot a three but now he's pretty reliable.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived