Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Badgers Basketball

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries
I got to the Kohl Center with 4:00 remaining in the game after getting out of work. There were about 5,000 people there and it was fun to see everyone jumping around like it was a home game :-)

Sounds like a good time. Although the WSJ reports that only 2,402 fans were in attendance, it was nice that fans had this option.

I think if I worked for DirecTV/Dish, I would've went there and tried to drum up some business. Heck, I should've went there and tried to get people to switch. A guy could really cash in on that $50 referral program.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The talking heads on BTN were criticizing Butch for taking the shot "too soon" (LOOK INDIANA STILL HAS 4.5 SECONDS LEFT TO SCORE!!!!!)

Waiting for the last second to shoot is fine if you know you're going to make the shot, but if you miss you may as well allow a chance for an offensive putback. In a tie game their criticism would have more merit, but the Badgers were trailing. Scoring is more important than draining the clock.

Don't know if anyone else just caught this in a commercial during the OSU-Mich. game, but Tom Izzo's response for 'toughest road venue' was "Illinois & Wisconsin."

Mentioned that it was because those have been the best teams in the past 7-8 years, and 'probably the best fans.'

WOOT!!@@!!1!!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Bohannon hasn't even warmed up yet this year. They'll have enough offense.

Feb 5th in this thread...four games later, 13 ppg in those four games. Like I said, by tourney time, this team will have plenty of options as far as offense goes.

I just don't want to see them down by 4 or more points, with less than a minute to go, because in those types of situations, they seem to struggle with the situation.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Jarmusz made the box score last night with a TO. Good thing he didn't redshirt.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Jarmusz just made a terrible decision, Nankivil is really surprising. He was playing consistently at the start of the season if memory serves me correctly and his playing time has just dwindled it's way down to nothing. I do like having another big body in the event of a lot of foul trouble, but you guys are right, had he known just how little he'd be playing, he probably would have red-shirted. Who knows, we very well might still need Nankivil and Leuer to save the day at one point this season...

18 year-olds simply often make terrible decisions, because they get caught up in the emotion so easily. If you're not in the top 10, you should redshirt as a freshman. I wish Bo would "suggest" it to them instead of just leaving it up to the kids.

I'm glad JP RS'd last year. I can't recall the last time it was a bad decision for a youngster to RS.

I'm sorry I think it's dumb that he felt the need to go back almost two weeks in a thread to show us how smart he was. Did I go about it the right way? Probably not but his post was kind of ridiculous. Again, I apologize.

I'm sorry I think it's dumb that he felt the need to go back almost two weeks in a thread to show us how smart he was. Did I go about it the right way? Probably not but his post was kind of ridiculous. Again, I apologize.
is that a back handed apology?

I think it shows that he knows what he is talking about,and when he states his opinion on WI basketball, I'm going to listen.

I disagree -- I think Ndogg was pointing out that Bohanon is heating up.

Thank you.

For the record, I never predicted WHEN Bohannon would heat up, I just said he hadn't done a thing so far this year, and coincidently since I made that statement he has averaged 13 ppg. I wasn't showing how smart I was.

Ridiculous post? That would be yours wallus.

The UW schedule says the Badgers play Northwestern on 3/8 and 3/9, both away.

Is that right?

they will play on one of these dates...not both.

it is up to TV when they play. one will be a CBS national broadcast. they have until a week or two before the game to make the decision. i would assume it will not be a national game unless they have a chance to clinch a championship.

temke, it's been bugging me for a while now, and since I just noticed that it relates to UW men's BB...

what the heck is your avatar a picture of? I see it's a screenshot from SportsCenter (UW - MSU?), but wtheck?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

IIRC, MSU was all set to win the Big Ten title when they played Wisconsin a couple of years ago, and had the banner already made up and had it hanging in the rafters to unfurl after the game, but Wisconsin beat them and they never actually won the title that year.

That's just IIRC.

IIRC, MSU was all set to win the Big Ten title when they played Wisconsin a couple of years ago, and had the banner already made up and had it hanging in the rafters to unfurl after the game, but Wisconsin beat them and they never actually won the title that year.

That's just IIRC.

bingo. it is a screen shot from sportscenter the night of the game mentioned above

If anybody has a chance to go to the Northwestern game in Evanston, I would highly recommend it. Welsh-Ryan is not that impressive, and it only seats 8,000, but a good 5,500 will be wearing Red. The 200-level level bleachers on the side of the players benches always provides a great atmosphere. There is also usually a pretty fun "state school vs. nerds" banter going on between the two fan sections.

At the very least, it's a way to see the Badgers in person without having to pay $65 to sit in the nosebleeds at KC.

If anybody has a chance to go to the Northwestern game in Evanston, I would highly recommend it. Welsh-Ryan is not that impressive, and it only seats 8,000, but a good 5,500 will be wearing Red. The 200-level level bleachers on the side of the players benches always provides a great atmosphere. There is also usually a pretty fun "state school vs. nerds" banter going on between the two fan sections.

At the very least, it's a way to see the Badgers in person without having to pay $65 to sit in the nosebleeds at KC.

I'm a grad student at NU (did my undergrad in Madison) and I bought 15 tickets in the grad student section for me and my friends. What a bargain at only $10 a pop! So there will be a red-clad contingent among the students as well. Went to last year's game as well and I'd say it was at least 75% Badgers fans.

Now we just have to hope that they decide to play the game on Saturday afternoon instead of Sunday morning, for pre- and post-game enjoyment http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

BTW, I have terrible luck...my grad program is 15 months (started last September and will be done in December). Badgers didn't play NU in football last season and they don't play them next fall either. I was really hoping for a "Camp Randall South" experience.

Went to last year's game as well and I'd say it was at least 75% Badgers fans.

i went as well. first trip to welsh-ryan. interesting joint, but it was a great time and a good game.

i have never been so close to a ceiling at a major sports arena before...our seats were about 3 rows from the top and the roof curves down on the sides.

Archived