Brewer Fanatic

new rays uniforms announced today

patrickgpe

I know there was a thread on this earlier and there seems to be some hints on the rays website of a logo, and it appears that the logo will be some version of a sun. Also bringing in Kevin Costner and his band to play seems to be a questionable decision to me.Ill be interested to see how similar they are to the ones that were leaked a while ago.

edit: the are officially the rays. which i don't get. last year the jays this year the rays.

I like the color palette. Mixing "safe" navy blue (as found in the Brewers' and Padres' revamped looks) with the lighter blue and slightly earth-toned yellow is neither obnoxious (like the former D-Backs' palette) nor boring (like our colors). I think the lighter colors could be a bit more prominent in the unis and logo, though. And I hate their typeface - it makes their logo look like that of a minor league team, or a team from a Disney Channel movie.

Here's hoping the fans demand "retro Fridays" down there. That'd be pretty funny. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I know we all dumped on them the last time we had this thread but they've grown on me since then and they look a lot better on Carl Crawford (if he ever actually wears it, who knows?) and Scott Kazmir than they do that standard-issue drawing model (I believe someone here named him "Geoff")

I'll take a subtle effort like this over their original gimmicky neon unis anyday

I don't mind the color combo, using a navy & powder blue along with a mustard gold-like color, but the overall look is about as vanilla as you can get. Plus, the inclusion of the sunburst is a pretty half-butt effort to try and make Rays a double meaning, since they didn't get rid of the actual Devil Ray graphic from their overall look.

Regarding the color combos though, I liked the fact that they were the one team in baseball that used green as one of their main colors. Now they look like the Padres, although they Padres logo at least has some character to it.

It's definitely better than the look they had though, but I said the same thing about the D-Backs change a year ago and I still think their new look is pretty hard to look at. It makes me realize how much I like the Brewers current look all things considered (meaning, it could be worse).

EDIT: I just remembered I shared some ideas of mine for the Devil Rays over a year and a half ago. I'll share that proposed jersey configuration again, not saying its better, but I can comfortably say my idea definitely has more character:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/colbyjack/devilrays-uniforms.jpg

I think they're very minor league-ish too. I don't necessarily mind the blue and white colors, but they could have worked on them a bit longer to get something a bit more attention grabbing. Count me as one of the ones who actually liked the green colors they had.

Archived