Brewer Fanatic

Would you trade JJ Hardy for Rocco Baldelli?

aracko

I would in a heartbeat. The Rays according to MLBTRADERUMORS.com are looking for a defensive minded SS. If thats the case, Hardy would definatly fit the bill. Bill Hall would then move back to the SS position, and the search would have to continue for a LF.

Baldelli is a great defender and could fit the bill as a leadoff hitter. If we got Baldelli, I would be open to resigning of Jenkins to platoon with Mench in LF.

Reggie Sanders is another guy I would target in a 1 year deal. I think having a bat like his on the bench and a few days a week would make this team leaps and bounds better.

Not in a million years. Baldelli is a 60-day DL Stint waiting to happen. Has been for over two years now. Not to mention I believe he's in the final year of a contract even if he is healthy. J.J.'s too good for this trade is even Baldelli was healthy. An emphatic "Hell, no".

The Brewers could sign me for league minimum put me on the 60 day DL and still keep JJ and it would be just as good! DM get on it!

Best proposal I've heard yet! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Better yet, the Packers could sign me for league minimum, put me on IR and keep everyone they have now. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif I like that idea as much as yours!

There's a lot of talk about how bad the Brewers infield defense is, and most people consider Hardy to be the only above-average defender of the bunch.

If Bill Hall moves back to the infield, from left to right, it'll go awful-below average-really bad-below average.

No thanks. I'll stick with awful-above average-really bad-below average, if Braun and Weeks aren't moving to the outfield.

Balledi isn't close to being worth that in any means. Not sure you can go from a SS who hit 25HRs at the age of 24 for a player who can't stay healthy, much less a guy who hit .204 in 137AB. Yes he hit .302 LAST season in an injury plagued season and had 16HR but nonetheless. He's at an all time low I'd say right now, and I doubt anyone will pay much for him.

I'd like to acquire Baldelli, but not at the expense of giving up Hardy. As far as shortstops go, I thought the Drays liked that young shortstop they acquired from Houston. I thought they also liked Reid Brignac as their shortstop of the future. So why would the DRays be rumored to want another shortstop?

I definitely would not trade Hardy for Baldelli, but they may be looking for a SS for the next couple of years possibly longer if Brignac shows his skills to be more of what he showed in 2007 as opposed to his big year of A ball in 2006. I see little reason that any team would want Ben Zorbist as their SS for any amount of time.

Baldelli would be a nice guy for the Pirates to pick up, as they finally begin to rebuild the right way.

The right way for the Pirates to rebuild is to draft better

The only real major difference between the Pirates and Brewers is JZ drafted Fielder/Braun/Weeks/Hardy/Hart/Gallardo while the Pirates drafted a bunch of pitchers who either didn't pan out or got hurt. All those high draft picks and draft picks overall and not one really good positional player to show for it or a Gallardo level pitching prospect either.

No way do the Brewers give away the shortstop of this team for Rocco. This would produce holes at two spots for this team. Bill Hall is a couple steps down with the glove at SS and he was below Hardy with the stick last year, Brewers would only weaken the team with this move.

Archived