Brewer Fanatic

TV writers strike...

jaybird2001wi
Heroes ended prematurely, 24 has been delayed, The Office has been shut down, Lost has been delayed

Watch but won't miss, never liked, don't like and don't watch. --

Won't miss them

That's nice, but the point is that many other people WILL notice, which was your original question. All you are saying is that you won't care, which we already knew anyway. Those shows have huge audiences, so yes, people will notice.

I was listening to Bob and Brian yesterday, and they were talking about the writer's strike and how a bunch of famous actors are actively supporting the writers, with Steve Carell being one of them. If you were an actor, how could you not support the writers? When they come back to work, the actors who did not support the writers are going to get all the crappy lines.

I think outside of LA and NY, most of the country really couldn't care less about not having new TV shows for a while. I'm sure they will notice, but it's not like middle America is going to pledge their undying support to the writer's cause. On my list of concerns, which includes making next month's rent, putting gas in my truck, and sighting in my rifle for the upcoming hunt, this one's probably dead last.

24 is postponed? That's terrible news. That's what keeps my interest between the end of football and spring training.

If this strike doesn't get resolved soon, they could even throw in the towel on this year and start over in '08-'09.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117975552.html?categoryid=2821&cs=1

Supposedly they already have;

"Faced with the possibility of a partial Season 7 of "24," Fox has opted not to air the real-time drama at all this season."

Link

I don't think it's a horrible thing to follow a couple of shows. The only shows I really watch regularly are The Office & 24. You've proved your point that you don't care about television shows, which is fine. We get the point your making.

Dude you're missing out, there's still some good TV programs out there you just have to look. Curb Your Enthusiasm, 30 Rock, 24, Prison Break, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Wire, Entourage etc. are all good shows.

While I appreciate they are good shows in your eyes and the eyes of others, I don't care for them, especially the non-comedies.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

this does give me a GREAT excuse to catch up on my DVD collection. Maybe even have to give Netflix a try and sample some other shows that I've never watched (Sopranos, The Wire, others) but always wanted to.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

While I appreciate they are good shows in your eyes and the eyes of others, I don't care for them, especially the non-comedies.

I'm mildly shocked that a guy with a Costanza avatar and sig quote doesn't like Curb. Seinfeld would have been like How I Met Your Mother or Friends or whatever other lame sitcoms there are today if it weren't for the genius of Larry David.

Brett, I like what I saw of Curb (I guess my earlier reply was a little too general), but I just never got into it enough to know what I was missing. I really do appreciate Larry David and I should probably look into getting some seasons of Curb.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

What about Frank TV? I was really looking foward to that. Will that go on at all?

I am actually all for the writers strike if it keeps Frank TV off my TV. Yes I realize if i don't like a show I can change the channel, but IMO he's that annoying. And yes I realize frank is from the area.

I guess I'll now have plenty of time to take in season 3 of Lost when it comes out in December. I was looking forward to following Heroes all this season, but the end of the season is now fairly nigh.

If the writers are seriously only getting $.02 per DVD, that's ridiculous. Does anyone know if that is per DVD disc, or per DVD set, or per episode on a DVD set?

Archived