Brewer Fanatic

Top Ten old jerseys that should be banned

jaybird2001wi
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did I miss on Robert Brooks? I thought he was/is total class, and was shocked to see him on the original list. Please fill me in.

Brewers

Ron Theobald

Ted Savage

Lew Krause

Danny Walton

Bucks

Rich Nieman

Collis Jones

Bob Grecian

Packers

Andre Rison

Mike McKenzie

Eric Torkleson

Scott Hunter

Jim Del Gaizo

I have a few old jerseys I still wear and a couple I can't. #83 Jefferson - I loved JJ. Hugh Green Buccaneers, Steve Largent Seahwaks, Mark Clayton and Mark Duper Dolphins, Karl Malone Jazz and Enos Cabell Tigers. I won an autographed G. Robinson Bucks jersey but gave it to one of my girls. I'm getting an old Louis Lipps jersey this month and thinking about getting a Bo Jackson Auburn jersey.

I wish I could find a few I had as a kid - Brockington, Alan Page Vikes, Lynn Swann and my favorite a Paul Warfield. Somewhere my brother has a game worn Stu Voigt and one of those big sideline parkas.

This thread is why I put my name on my jersey :p

You'd be surprised to see what the Brewers were selling at the On Deck rummage sale in April. I don't remember seeing a Lopes, but the selection was an entertaining parade of also-rans and never-weres.

I picked up a Ray King teddy bear for $1 several years after he left. It was sweet to be able to pull it out again this September.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I picked up a Ray King teddy bear for $1 several years after he left.

I bought one of those too! I gave it to one of my student employees when he graduated. I neglected to email him in September to ask if he paid any homage to Raybear, as we dubbed him.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm looking for a Tomo Ohka jersey or t-shirt for a friend of mine in Japan.

I used to sport a bunch of football jerseys back in the day. Colts-Eric Dickerson & Quentin Coryatt, Broncos-Mike Croel.

I still have my authentic Pavel Bure Canucks jersey from 94.

I have an authentic size 38 Dodgers home jersey from 99. I never got it personalized in Delino DeShields name as he was my favorite player back in the day. I should still get it done.

Anyone know if they make baseball jerseys in size 38 anymore? They fit me so nice but have only found the Dodger one.

I love random old jerseys. That's one thing I really like about going to Packer games...sure there's a ton of Favre jerseys, but there are so many completely random ones that it's awesome. I remember going to a game with my buddy right during/after the Mike McKenzie holdout/trade demand...he took his #34 McKenzie jersey, taped over the name and wrote "E. Bennett" on the tape. He got a bunch of laughs and thumbs up that day.

And I would kill for a Paul Molitor Blue Jays jersey...I'd wear it any and every time they were introducing Sal Bando for something at the stadium.

Maybe I missed it, but why are the jerseys in the first post "banned"?
I was thinking the same thing, I didn't see any criteria, many of the players didn't make sense to me at all...Brady Clark was about as much of a "team" guy as one could be. My little sister still have a Don Beebe Packers Jersey. I have never been one to wear jerseys, although I would love an Authentic Brewers one. My only "official" jersey was the Charlotte Larry Johnson. Yep, that was a while ago. When i finally get around to getting a customized Brewers jersey, only one name will work...Gantner.

Correction... if you would all look at the website in the initial post, you would know what I am talking about. This thread essentially means, "disgraced" or "way out of date jerseys" that ANYONE can notice and find the "fashion statement" absolutely disgraceful.

"way out of date jerseys" that ANYONE can notice and find the "fashion statement" absolutely disgraceful.
Hmmm wow I didn't know that when I went to a game to cheer on a team I had to make a fashion statement. So there is a dress code at Miller Park?

I feel bad for the people who have Walter Payton jerseys, that's way out of date and he was such a terrible player.

Well, with all due respect to Sweetness, a Walter Payton jersey would look out of place to me at Miller Park. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Maybe it's more of a "fan statement" (for lack of a better phrase) than a fashion statement. Some of us, upon seeing a fan wearing a Jose Hernandez jersey to a Brewer game, might merely nod and think, "all right, former All-Star." I'd be more likely to think "K" and scowl. I'm sure Mark Chmura still has his fans, but a lot of people, upon seeing a Chmura jersey, are going to think "pervert" (fairly or otherwise).

Does wearing a Carlos Lee Brewers jersey mean you're honoring the past, or can't let go of the past? Reasonable minds can disagree on some of these questions. I think I'd reserve "disgraceful" for cases like Chmura, but to each his own.

If I saw someone wearing the jersey of a niche player (Branyan, Ginter) or an obscure player (Pete Zoccolillo, Gus Gandarillas), I'd probably wonder if the wearer was a member of this site.

If you see a woman wearing a Doug Davis jersey, there's a very good chance it's me.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

5) Sterling Sharpe

I actually just got a authentic throwback Sharpe jersey as an early christmas present. He is one of my all-time favorite players. For the 7 years he played he was the best WR in football. And had he not gotten that neck injury who knows how many of Rice's records would be Sharpe's. I now sport my Sharpe jersey every Packers gameday.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Correction... if you would all look at the website in the initial post, you would know what I am talking about. This thread essentially means, "disgraced" or "way out of date jerseys" that ANYONE can notice and find the "fashion statement" absolutely disgraceful.

... *sigh* Why does everybody keep assuming everyone else will follow in step with somebody's declarations?

I could've sworn the only jerseys that should be "banned" were of players who were 'disgraceful' during their careers or even off it. Including "Out of Date" jerseys is basically saying- "Forget Team History."

I'd use stronger language, but I'd be insta-banned.

I still wish I had two of my old Bucks Jerseys: #30 Blu Edwards, and Marty Conlon. I'd wear those with pride.

If only you once had an Armen Gilliam jersey; you'd have my 3 favorite crappy Bucks of all time.

If you didn't agree with the way Marty Conlon shot free throws, I might just have a problem with you.

1. I would never buy a jersey with a player's name on it until that guy is retired. Players will always come and go on the Brewers faster than a jersey will ever wear out.

2. My brother and I have a "Fan Law" where we will not wear a jersey/shirt of a player who once played for the Brewers, but now plays for a different team. That jersey or shirt is off limits until that player is retired.

3. Wes "Fatty" Helms will never be off our banned list and I am surprised he was not brought up unless seeing Braun play defense at third has lessened our stance on poor fielding 3B

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived