Brewer Fanatic

Andruw Jones

aracko
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hate to be negative and pee in anyone's cheerios, but do we really want an over paid guy on the downslide of his career?

the guy was garbage last season, and that was in his contract year.

I will go on record and say that this will be a BUST signing if it goes down, and you can quote me on that all you want.

I do not want this guy in a brewer uniform, it will be very hard for me to cheer for that smirking idioit, and the first through 100th time he doesn't run out a ground ball, I'm gonna blow chunks all over the floor.

rant over.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Andruw Jones Id rather have. We have 2 - 3 3rd basemen on the roster already.

#1 I think Braun is the future at 3b. Again - I need to stress that it is STILL A NEW POSITION for him.

I really like Rolen, but I dont like the prospect of trading with the Cards, and Rolen has been so injury prone thru his late career, that while Id love to have him and his Charity Work in Milwaukee, if I HAD to pick just one, it would be Andruw Jones because I feel we have two capable 3rd basemen on this roster already.

hate to be negative and pee in anyone's cheerios,

I thought my cheerios tasted funny today. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I think it was jwill in the Scott Rolen thread said Gammons thinks Rolen will be in a Brewers uniform once the financial details are worked out.

Can definitely see your point Turbo. It has me worried as well. His demeanor would definitely wear on us if he wouldn't produce. Always afraid to overpay for a guy like this.

I'm actually surprised that there are those who would want this guy on our team. If you want the youngsters to learn the game and attitudes of solid veterans, Jones is NOT the guy to place in the clubhouse.

Makes me angry and a bit sick to my stomach to even think about him as a brewer.

Jones is only 30. He can bounce back from one down year.

CAN being the key word...

If he sucked that bad in his contract year, why does anyone think he would be a good pick-up after he gets his $?

His attitude is pathetic.

I just can't believe this is true. What is Melvin thinking? Older players, prone to injury or fatness, is the answer for a club looking to make the playoffs? I don't get it. If he's really serious here, then put Hall back at 3rd, move Braun to left, and sign Rowand.

Tbadder don't go thinking this is 100% true. Kinda hard to believe especially after Melvin stated they didn't get anywhere when we asked.

Also, please stop with the 1 year deal stuff. Boras has made note numerous times...NO 1 YEAR DEAL. His name says it all, he will gander a multi year deal and they know that.

I just can't believe this is true. What is Melvin thinking? Older players, prone to injury or fatness, is the answer for a club looking to make the playoffs? I don't get it. If he's really serious here, then put Hall back at 3rd, move Braun to left, and sign Rowand.

To be fair, Rowand is only 4 months younger than Jones and has been prone to injuring himself. Didn't he break his face right after going to Philly?

I am not. Jones was oozing this talent since he was 16 years old. He was going to be one of the greatest ever. I see no reason to assume that he is taking roids. He isnt build like a brick house, he hasnt had any injuries in his career (over 500 Abs EVERY season I think) but thats just one mans opinion. I wouldnt have thought alex sanchez used them either.

NOTE: I'm calling myself out for getting it wrong.

After seeing the note in the Rolen thread, I to ESPN and waited for them to update the Mike & Mike page with today's audio....and just finished re-listening to the Gammons clip.

Gammons mentioned Jones and Rolen in the same sentence, and went on to say that "he" was likely to end up in Milwaukee once they settle the fiscal differences. In my half-awake state (I wake up to ESPN Radio on the ol' alarm clock, and the interview was already ongoing), I got the player they were talking about wrong.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

How is Jones ANY of those things? He's 30 (only 4 months older than Rowand), so he's not "old". He's played in 151 or more games in 10 straight years, so he's certainly not injury prone. And I really don't think you can call him "fat". If someone argues that they don't want Jones on the team, there's plenty of merits for and against, but Jones is neither old, fat, or injury prone.

Archived