Brewer Fanatic

My Devil Rays Blockbuster

Since a couple sources have said that perhaps Carl Crawford and now Scott Kazmir might be had for the right price I thought perhaps we could work something out like this:

Brewers Get:

Crawford

Kazmir

Devil Rays Get:

Chris Capuano

Bill Hall

Matt La Porta

Derrick Turnbow

Manny Parra

Is that even close to enough compensation? If not perhaps adding Matt Gamel into the mix? Crawford is signed pretty cheap and since Kazmir is now 24 I would imagine he still has atleast a couple arby years left. If you think this is ridiculous that is fine, I needed to propose something, been kinda quiet around here

Chris Capuano - Didn't play well last year and is entering large salary years

Bill Hall - Vastly underachieved last year, and not worth his contract at this point. (Unless he is a SS)

Matt La Porta - High potential, but never actually did anything. (Only A ball at this point)

Derrick Turnbow - Not worth his contract

Manny Parra - High ceiling with an injury history. Never did too much in the majors.

So they get three players who are barely worth their salaries (Capuano, Hall, and Turnbow) and two prospects who aren't sure things.

No way they give up two perennial all stars for that package. YoGa or Braun would have to be included.

I think a trade with Tampa could be a real possility but I not for any of those players.

I've heard Tampa actually has interest in Hall as an INF. Baldelli is likely to be traded. Reye's could also be had. So maybe Bill Hall for the two of them? OR maybe offer up Bush or Vargas for Baldelli. Obviously Baldelli is a health risk so we'd need a plan B in the OF to go along with Baldelli but his up side is pretty good and Reye's would be a nice addition to our BP.

The Devil Rays are willing to trade because they have an overload of young offensive ability. I would think they would be looking for pitching not offense. If they are looking for offense I'd think they want established consistent players or very high end prospects, not guys like Hall.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I read tha the DRays may be willing to trade Kazmir and Crawford, because they feel their contention years are 2-3 away, in which case both will be ready to move on. In fact, they said NO ONE is untouchable, except Upton.

What they want, however, are not guys like Hall or Capuano or TBow. They want young guys who can be cheap for the next few years, and be ready for prime time in a couple of years. They especially want pitching. Players that would no doubt interest them: Carlos V., Gallardo, Parra. I imagine LaPorte would interest them, but he can't be traded until next year some time.

All this has lead to some speculation of Lincecum for Delmon Young or some other young hitter on their team. Guys like Cappy, TBow and Hall are the guys they aren't interested in at this point.

Archived