Brewer Fanatic

Future Closer

TheBrewer

What do you think Doug Melvin is thinking with Cordero being re-signed? You think he's very motivated at re-signing him to a large contract? Or, like the past 5 years (Kolb, Kolb, Turnbow, Turnbow/Cordero, Cordero) do you think he's thinking internal guy / cheap trade aka Cordero while in Texas?

Now I'm sure he's going to make a very good attempt to bring Cordero back, but in all likelyhook I really don't see it happining. Now if the Brewers had lacked a good closer the past 5 years, maybe, but as shown above, he's had a knack for finding that guy for the 9th inning. Whether or not those guys have been long term nonetheless.

My opinion is they should slot Manny Parra into the 9th inning, kind of like how Boston put Papelbon into that spot. Now I know there both completely different cases but nonetheless. Parra has had major injury issues in the past and may not be able to go 150-200IP every season. He seems like he has legit stuff to still be effective in the major leagues. Why not try him out in the 9th inning? He might have some struggles at times (new, un-experienced, young), but Papelbon was all of those things. My vote would be to slot him into that role. We sill need to solidify the BP, but that is a different subject.

What do you guys think? You guys thinking he's going to make EVERY attempt to bring Cordero back for as much money as he wants, you think he'll send him an average offer, you think he's highly motivated to bring him back? You think Parra could fill that role? What do you guys think about all this?

Archived