Brewer Fanatic

Miguel Cabrera anyone?

They say he's on the block. If we were to move Braun to left (or Cabrera- Keith Law says he can still play there), we could deal for him:

Villanueva, Bush, Gwynn, and ZJ could get it done, right?

Weeks 2B

Hall CF- hitting here would keep him concentrating on hitting the ball the other way.

Cabrera- 3B/LF

Prince- 1B

Braun- LF/3B

Hart- RF

Estrada- C

Hardy- SS

Wow.

Yankees have said no to Chamberlain or Hughes with Melky Cabrera, as long as that's true, they're probably out.

Red Sox want Lowell back, but have said they'll pursue Cabrera if they lose him, speculation is the asking price would be Ellsbury with either Buchholz or Lester, which Boston probably would not do.

Dodgers are apparently being the most aggressive, lots of names kicked around, no firm details, other than the Marlins are insisting on a starting pitcher and a centerfielder in any deal.

White Sox want him, because Ozzie knows him very well, and is apparently obsessed.

Gamel is somebody I'd be willing to throw into a trade discussion and he might get the Marlins attention. Alcides Escobar might be of interest to the Marlins too, especially since Hanley Ramirez is a poor fielder. Toss in someone like Bush, and the Marlins probably don't hang up on you.

Robert

Gamel is somebody I'd be willing to throw into a trade discussion and he might get the Marlins attention. Alcides Escobar might be of interest to the Marlins too, especially since Hanley Ramirez is a poor fielder. Toss in someone like Bush, and the Marlins probably don't hang up on you.

Robert

So Gamel, Escobar and Bush? I think the Marlins would definitely hang up.

I think you have to give up more than that to get a deal done, but Gamel, who I think a lot of as a hitting prospect, and Bush, who is a major league pitcher with good points and probably a good fit for that stadium, are enough to at least start a conversation with. Escobar, Gwynn, Gross, Villanueva, Parra, and Jeffress are probably also in the conversation.

Robert

The White Sox are after Cabrera, and the Yankees want him too (although for now they're claiming they won't give up any of their elite young pitchers).

To give an idea, the Sox are probably offering Josh Fields and two of their young pitchers for Cabrera. That's likely better than anything the Brewers can offer, and I'm still not sure Florida should take that deal.

The Marlins reportedly asked the Yankees for Hughes or Chamberlain with Melky Cabrera, and have told the Red Sox they want Ellsbury and a young starting pitcher if the Sox lose Lowell. If that is what they're after, I wonder how much they like Gwynn?

Winn to Milwaukee for Jackson and Gwynn, Gwynn and Lincecum to Marlins for Cabrera.

• 2 weeks later...

From the Angels - Marlins want Howie Kendrick, Nick Adenhart, and two more players.

From the Dodgers - Marlins want Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw and two more players.

Angels are rumored to have offered - Kendrick, Ervin Santana, Chris Bootcheck and another player, possibly Adenhart.

The Dodgers don't want to give both Kemp and Kershaw in the deal.

Archived