Brewer Fanatic

2008 Wish List...What goes overboard?

windiv07

Okay, after decompressing, I am looking forward to next season, I have been reading a lot of great things on this board as far as what the Brewers need. A new year calls for resolutions and looking back at the 2007 season, what is this that the Brewers definitely need to chalk up to experience and put behind them once and for all. My list is pretty long of what we need to change for good as we move to 2008 (including my screen name) http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif but I'll start the list with just one item and see how the rest of my list compares to yours...

My #1 2008 pick:

The Prince vs Cecil controversy needs to be resolved by Prince & Cecil. One thing this team has fostered is a sense of small market familiarity (root word = 'family') and an honest effort to revive the kind of civilized role models that have distinguished MLB as a whole from other sports like NBA & NFL in recent years. Cecil needs to shut up and Prince needs to grow up and set a good off-field example for the younger fans. I don't care how it happens, but they need to reconcile and lift the dark cloud from obscuring this team's brightest young star.

I don't see why it's our business on what happens behind closed doors with Cecil and Prince nor do I think we should lose any sleep over it or keep talking about it when it's obvious that Prince doesn't want to.

If you're looking for a #1 thing to toss overboard, once and for all, for the 2008 season, that's an easy one, and I won't be alone.

Ned.

We came so close this past season, a few measly games. And I can easily rattle off at least 5 instances when Ned cost us a game with his in-game strategies, his mismanagement of the pitching (especially of CoCoCo), or his staunch belief in Counsell, Bush, Capuano, Turnbow and Menchkins. That turned the division title to the Cubs.

But what does Mark do, before the season even ends? Without so much as an offseason performance review with Ned, he publicly guarantees we'll be saddled with the same manager next year.

THAT'S got to get tossed...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

We came so close this past season, a few measly games. And I can easily rattle off at least 5 instances when Ned cost us a game with his in-game strategies, his mismanagement of the pitching (especially of CoCoCo), or his staunch belief in Counsell, Bush, Capuano, Turnbow and Menchkins. That turned the division title to the Cubs.

You can't compare Ned to perfection. How many times did Lou Pinella march out the wrong bullpen pitcher last season to "cost" his team the game?

I don't see why it's our business on what happens behind closed doors with Cecil and Prince nor do I think we should lose any sleep over it or keep talking about it when it's obvious that Prince doesn't want to.

The problem is, it's not happening behind closed doors.

Only two posts to turn into a Yost debate? That's gotta be a record... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
You are right. I thought it would have been the first post. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Edit: Upon reading the title my first thought, while rolling my eyes, was here we go again with Yost. Still my sick sense of curiosity draws me here.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I agree a little with the Prince / Cecil thing, I think part of Prince's attitude is the fact he hit 50HR's had a monster year, everyone calls it pretty much his team, he's the leader, I've said it before and I'll say it again I think it's gone to his head a little bit. With that being said, I do agree it's something that should either be resolved or, something that should be kept quiet. Though, I don't think it's that big of deal nor number one..(but idk what my number one would be though, but not that)

I agree with the original poster. Unfortunately, Cecil v. Price is far from a private affair -- Whoever is at fault, I really hope that they resolve things -- I don't want the Brewers first playoff appearance in 2009 to be marred with stories about how Cecil can't get tickets to Miller Park.

You can't compare Ned to perfection.

Sure you can -- you can't expect perfection, but you can compare Ned to perfection.

Mathematically speaking...

LaRussa > Perfection > Pinella > Tic Tac Toe Playing Chicken > Color Me Badd > Head of Lettuce > Ned Yost > Kevin Costner.

My #1 pick

Moresoe than firing Yost, would be moving Braun and Weeks out of the infield.

What needs to be tossed overboard is Jeffress.

They should stop wasting thier time on this reclamation project,cut thier loss,and move on.

I think players like that are nothing but trouble more often than not.

It's just not worth it.

The few that do make it to the bigs hardly ever realize thier potential and end up as journeymen at best.

Sorry,but I've seen these things happen over and over again throughout the years, Hope I'm totally wrong and hope he gets it together,but I just don't ever seeing him panning out very well.

I don't care how much the Brewers have invested in him.I don't care how well he can light up a radar gun.

Let him be some other organizations headache.I feel the Brewers will be even more sorry if they don't

Pinstripes and the old terrible logo. It's no longer "old school". It's no longer cool. It's now a reminder of how we haven't won anything in 26 years and counting.

And while we're on the subject...I really wish we'd quit hiring ex-Brewers in any capacity.

Archived