Brewer Fanatic

Fall 2007 "Explain your avatar" thread.

hawing
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<-- Prince Fielder, thanks to an article posted by Mass Haas way back when.

Aww, that's cute. I always wondered. I thought it was your son actually.

The fact that my avater was once the CEO of the Milwaukee Brewers perfectly illustrates how messed up this franchise was at one point.

I thought you were a woman because of your avatar. It wasn't until I said something to my boyfriend, who also posts here, that I learned the truth:

Me: That rluxinski, she's a tool.

Him: She?

Me: Yea.

Him: No, it's a he.

Me: Really, who's that picture then? His wife? HA!

Him: Um, no it's Selig's daughter Wendy.

Guess I'm the tool now, but I'd like to blame the fact that I just became a fan a couple years ago.

My avatar is from one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite Simpsons episodes.

<--Huey Lewis and the News presents Sports. More jukeboxes need this album.

"Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour."

<--- The story, from, sadly enough, Wikipedia:

In 1970 Thompson ran for sheriff of Pitkin County, Colorado, on the "Freak Power" ticket, promoting the decriminalization of drugs (for personal use only, not trafficking, as he disapproved of profiteering), tearing up the streets and turning them into grassy pedestrian malls, banning any building so tall as to obscure the view of the mountains, and renaming Aspen, Colorado, "Fat City" to deter investors. Thompson, having shaved his head, referred to his opponent as "my long-haired opponent", as the Republican candidate had a crew cut.

With polls showing him with a slight lead in the race, Thompson appeared at Rolling Stone magazine headquarters in San Francisco with a six-pack of beer in hand and declared to editor Jann Wenner that he was about to be elected the next sheriff of Aspen, Colorado, and wished to write about it. Thus, Thompson's first article in Rolling Stone was published as The Battle of Aspen with the byline "By: Dr. Hunter S. Thompson (Candidate for Sheriff)." Despite the publicity, Thompson ended up narrowly losing the election. While actually carrying the City of Aspen, he only garnered 44% of the county-wide vote in what became a two-way race as the Republican candidate for sheriff agreed to withdraw from the race in order to consolidate the anti-Thompson votes as long as the Democrats withdrew their candidate for county commissioner. Thompson later remarked that the Rolling Stone article mobilized his opposition far more than his supporters.

If more freaks were politicians, Perhaps fewer politicians would act like freaks.

"Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour."
You put quotes around that...where is it from? And is it supposed to be in blue??

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

A view from my first Box experience at MP. It was the game against the Pirates before they started a big winning streak. (I think in June). Dave Bush pitched very very well until he gave up back to back homers and we ended up losing...

http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/847254a90c8fa4fa1febdeab76707d512a6793b.pjpg

I put mine up after I finished reading the Hornblower series for the umpteenth time.

Maybe I'll come up with something original. . . sometime. . . whenever.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

BTW - Huey put on a great show at the Riverside years ago for the "Four Chords. . ." release.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h280/timothyw80/2.jpg

This is a picture of my girlfriends legs that I took sometime in the begining of last season. I like it because we had just started dating and so my geekieness towards the Brewers was just starting to show itself. When I saw her socks that night I just had to take a picture of them and post it in the IGT...

My avatar is from one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite Simpsons episodes.
I think mine is from the same episode, "Homer at the Bat". Homer is proudly displaying Wonder Bat, his secret weapon (that proceeds to get destroyed by a fastball from Roger Clemens).

<-- Prince Fielder, thanks to an article posted by Mass Haas way back when.

Ahhhhh. I'd always wondered why your avatar was 'Random black baby in his diapers holding an ice cream bar"... Cute little Prince. NOW GIMME A HOME RUN!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Mine is of the godlike genius that is DJ John Peel, shown here at Glastonbury in 2003. He played a huge role in the careers of artists such as Pink Floyd, T-Rex, Joy Division and The White Stripes and introduced me as a 14 year old to more good music than I ever discovered anywhere else.

I didn't cry for Kurt Cobain, John Lennon or GG Allin, but I'm not afraid to say I was a mess when I heard he'd died in 2004.

In 1970 Thompson ran for sheriff...
I don't like his political stances, but wish more candidates would think outside the box like he does. I might have voted for him myself.

This is what I will look like when I become famous and make a guest appearance on The Simpsons.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived