Brewer Fanatic

Fall 2007 "Explain your avatar" thread.

hawing
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My avatar came up when I did a Google image search for "bucky badger". I like it because it looks like Bucky is trying to push my comments off the side of the page.

Kegstand, for me your avatar reminds me of the days when Badger hockey featured not only a skating Bucky, but cheerleaders. They have a skating Bucky again, don't they?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

mine is a picture that I took during game 3 of the 2007 Midwest League Finals between the Beloit Snappers and West Michigan Whitecaps. The picture is of Joe Benson after he hit a triple and slid into third, I think this is the longest I have ever had my avatar the same. Anyway, Joe was really nice and before the game I asked him if he broke a bat if I could have it, and he said yes. And in his second at bat, he cracked one, and he gave it to me, then he went over with his family by the clubhouses and I waited for about 10 minutes a ways away, and without asking, he came over and signed it for me. I really hope he can make it to the show, he is an awesome athlete, and it ripped! For anyone that cares, this is the picture of the bat that Joe gave me after the game, and then in game 5 when the Snappers lost to the whitecaps, Joe gave me his green home snappers hat, this is why I love the minors...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e378/billyhallfan/Autographed%20Bats/100_2612.jpg

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

My new avatar is Cha-Ka from Land of the Lost.

Chaka like!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Kegstand, for me your avatar reminds me of the days when Badger hockey featured not only a skating Bucky, but cheerleaders. They have a skating Bucky again, don't they?

I think they do indeed have a skating Bucky. They also have cheerleaders who are in the rows of the stands at certain points.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Hoooooooo!!!! ah, the wrastlin' of my childhood, when you knew who the good guys were, and they all teamed up to fight against the Red Spectre. oh, Hacksaw Jim Duggan wasn't flashy or even healthy-looking, but he was entertaining. His finishing move was pretty ridiculous even for this adolescent. But what he lacked in style, charisma and vocabulary, he made up for with heart. Stand him up against other wrastlers and he'd be the one who least belonged, but that's a lot of what was entertaining, that this big dummy character, who was never a better wrastler than his opponent, would usually stand victorious if only because of the purity and earnestness of his conviction.

Archived