Brewer Fanatic

Fall 2007 "Explain your avatar" thread.

hawing
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
George Costanza, my favorite TV character.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

my avatar is LUTHER, from the greatest movie ever made, 1979's "the WARRIORS"

AWESOME MOVIE, the more you watch it, the better it becomes!

Every once in awhile that movie will be on TV and i'll watch it for a bit and it reminds me of Welcome Back Kotter for some reason. When i was a little kid and watched Kotter, the sweathogs seemed like such bad boys, i loved that show back then. Now school kids beat up their teachers, the sweathogs would be considered well behaved kids today. Same with the Warriors, gangs walking around mostly with sticks and bats, gangs today would laugh at them before a couple of 13-14 year olds gunned them down with their glocks. Always trips me out when i see shows from the mid/late 70's and characters that seemed wild or tough to me as a kid, now seem so much less wild or tough now compared to todays wilder youth. Times sure have changed. The clothing from back then is also always entertaining.

man, I just bought Welcome Back Kotter Season 1 on dvd...

great show!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

wow, a sick sick individual......................................................looked him up on you-tube, the guy has no talent to speak of except bleeding and crapping on stage...

Check out the video footage on YouTube of his funeral. They show his dirty bloated corpse and he's wearing a leather jacket and a jockstrap. People were putting whiskey and drugs into his mouth. Insane.

No disrespect to you gyp, I saw it, and others, and it was all disturbing. That guy and his classless friends should be forgotten, FOREVER! What a worthless piece of garbage. None of that crap is cool for any reason. There is no defense in acting like that, PERIOD! The world is a much better place without him.

My first baseball card was a 1992 Albert Belle Pinnacle when I was 6 or 7, so Albert Belle became my favorite baseball player. Even after I learned about his screwy behavior off the field as I grew older, he still is my favorite player.

this is headed to inappropriate land really fast...

there really isn't any eason to have a heated debate about gg allin here...

you are correct, my apologies...

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

my avatar is LUTHER, from the greatest movie ever made, 1979's "the WARRIORS"

AWESOME MOVIE, the more you watch it, the better it becomes!

Every once in awhile that movie will be on TV and i'll watch it for a bit and it reminds me of Welcome Back Kotter for some reason. When i was a little kid and watched Kotter, the sweathogs seemed like such bad boys, i loved that show back then. Now school kids beat up their teachers, the sweathogs would be considered well behaved kids today. Same with the Warriors, gangs walking around mostly with sticks and bats, gangs today would laugh at them before a couple of 13-14 year olds gunned them down with their glocks. Always trips me out when i see shows from the mid/late 70's and characters that seemed wild or tough to me as a kid, now seem so much less wild or tough now compared to todays wilder youth. Times sure have changed. The clothing from back then is also always entertaining.

man, I just bought Welcome Back Kotter Season 1 on dvd...

great show!

They show Kotter sometimes on TV Land i believe, but now i can only enjoy it if i'm buzzed. Probably because i'm jaded by going to a Milwaukee public high school. The sweathogs would be bad by saying up your nose with a rubber hose, at Tech i saw a teacher punched and another threatened. Will always love Freddie Washington though. In my bar hopping days, used to use his Hi there line all the time with ladies. Some laughed and some looked at me like a nutcase. Kotters house cracks me up to, man the late 70's were a fashion trainwreck.

"Sit perfectly still. Only I may dance." -- Conan O'Brien appearing on the Simpsons, at the end of his interview with Bart on his talk show.

Interesting note: The episode aired after Conan was hired to do Late Night, but before Conan had hosted a single show.

I'm chugging a beer at Oktoberfest with my drum on, a buch a beads around my neck and a pretty good buzz going while marching with the UW-L Alumni band. Good, clean, fun http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

My avatar was deemed too explosive for Boston area residents, despite basically being a Lite-Brite.

That was such a bizarre day.

My avatar represents the struggle between man and nature, between man and self, and my own -- aw, heck, it's just my favorite Brewer in all his stretched-out glory.

This is one of the several avatars I rotated as the season ended. It is from the infamous TGJ game-saving hit game. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived