Brewer Fanatic

Fall 2007 "Explain your avatar" thread.

hawing

We do this periodically, and the off-season seems as good a time as any. What's the story behind your avatar?

I'll start. Think back to that April 2007 extra-inning win vs. the Cubs at Wrigley. This exchange appeared late in the 1000+ post in-game thread:

bobskube (quoted): I am not going to drink the Kool-Aid

splitterpfj: I'm ready, leave the whole bucket.

That inspired me to seek out an image that depicts "blue Kool-aid."

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was at a conference and had a case of beer in my room. I told my friend that I'd go back to the room and get her and I a beer when I finished my current one. She grabbed the beer and shoved it in my face so I'd finish it faster. When our friend took the picture, it ended up all streaky and magical looking.

My avatar is GG Allin.

You can read about him here if you'd like- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gg_allin

wow, a sick sick individual......................................................looked him up on you-tube, the guy has no talent to speak of except bleeding and crapping on stage...

just curious, is he an idol of yours, or do you use him as an avatar for the purpose of shock value?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

just curious, is he an idol of yours, or do you use him as an avatar for the purpose of shock value?

No, he's not an idol of mine. He died of a heroin overdose which isn't something I really idolize.

But he was punk rock and even rock n roll in its purest form and for that I can admire what he was doing even though I don't admire him as a person.

I liked this old logo from back in the day. It used to be on the Brewers team jackets. For whatever reason, I always associate it with the Easter Sunday comeback in 1987. There were a few people wearing those jackets at the home plate celebration after Sveum's HR (there's a great picture of it in the Brewers 1988 yearbook), and I've just always associated that logo with that picture and that season.

he was punk rock and even rock n roll in its purest form

All the good ones kill themselves off with some "substance" or another, I guess. I've always wondered how anyone but an idiot can stick a needle in his arm, but for whatever reason, it seems to be a "misunderstood musician" thing.

I'm curious as to the person who thinks, "He craps on stage...let's go!" That'd be a CD only fella for me, thanks.

very simple. The post-season tournament logo for our Diamond Mind League called the P.I.T.C.H. League. It used to have a cool acronym but damn if I can't remember it.

I've thought of changing it up and putting a different PLB team logo up every month.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm curious as to the person who thinks, "He craps on stage...let's go!" That'd be a CD only fella for me, thanks.
He was arrested in Milwaukee back in the late '80s after a show. I remember reading about it and they talked to a woman who was at the show. GG had crapped onstage and thrown it into the audience. This woman got some in her hair so she cut it out and kept it in a plastic bag as a souvenir.

my avatar is LUTHER, from the greatest movie ever made, 1979's "the WARRIORS"

AWESOME MOVIE, the more you watch it, the better it becomes!

Every once in awhile that movie will be on TV and i'll watch it for a bit and it reminds me of Welcome Back Kotter for some reason. When i was a little kid and watched Kotter, the sweathogs seemed like such bad boys, i loved that show back then. Now school kids beat up their teachers, the sweathogs would be considered well behaved kids today. Same with the Warriors, gangs walking around mostly with sticks and bats, gangs today would laugh at them before a couple of 13-14 year olds gunned them down with their glocks. Always trips me out when i see shows from the mid/late 70's and characters that seemed wild or tough to me as a kid, now seem so much less wild or tough now compared to todays wilder youth. Times sure have changed. The clothing from back then is also always entertaining.

wow, a sick sick individual......................................................looked him up on you-tube, the guy has no talent to speak of except bleeding and crapping on stage...

Check out the video footage on YouTube of his funeral. They show his dirty bloated corpse and he's wearing a leather jacket and a jockstrap. People were putting whiskey and drugs into his mouth. Insane.

Archived