Brewer Fanatic

Do we need a WNBA team?

jaybird2001wi

I will accept ridicule for this, but the last time I was in Vegas I laid a fair amount of action on a few WNBA games and did well. The lines the books put out were a bit weak an inconsistent from book to book...

After reading this, I'm starting to wonder what I have done to my life.

I'd support it just for the amusing possibility of the team being named the Does and playing in the same city as the Bucks.

And as crazy as it sounds, I find the logo cute. Somebody needs to dig up the cartoonish version of the Bucks logo sometime for a comparasion.

I'd support it just for the amusing possibility of the team being named the Does and playing in the same city as the Bucks.

It wouldn't even be amusing since most of the WNBA teams have similar names to their NBA counterparts.

Charlotte Sting

Charlotte Bobcats

I think the Sting were formed when the Hornets were still in Charlotte.

Houston Comets

Houston Rockets

Minnesota Lynx

Minnesota Timberwolves

Detroit Shock

Detroit Pistons

Phoenix Mercury

Phoenix Suns

Sacramento Monarchs

Sacramento Kings

San Antonio Silver Stars

San Antonio Spurs

Washington Mystics

Washington Wizards

So that's 8 of 14 teams that have a direct relation to the name of their NBA city and 11 of the 14 teams have the same color scheme and you can basically take that down to 13 teams because Connecticut has a WNBA team but no NBA team.

We went to a Lynx game in the Cities and had a good time. As with any women's sports, it was nice seeing so many girls in attendance and into a sporting event. That's why I was sad to see the women's pro soccer league end.

I do not have a daughter (which allows me to sleep at night), but if I did, I'd sure we'd plan a trip around a Brewers/WNBA weekend.

I'd love to have a team in Milwaukee, as it looks like 3M fans will attend MP next Summer, we may need somewhere for the laggards to go.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived