Brewer Fanatic

Reds keep Dunn

SeriesFinale

Something tells me Dunn might be a big part of the deadline trades this summer. Just for the heck of it...who out there would like to see Dunn a Brewer? Just thought I'd ask. I'm happy the Reds showed him a little bit of loyalty.

Dunn's terrible defense mitigates the value he brings to the plate. Especially with the Brewers already-porous defense. Spend the money on pitching.

oh, I don't think they should get him, I just like him a lot, he is one of my favorite players, but the D is bad enough, if Doug signs anyone in the outfield, it has to be someone with a glove that knows how to use it.

Yeah, they pretty much picked up the option to trade him.

Should be interesting to see what the market is for him. Now that they picked up his option, he has a no-trade clause, so some team will have to put a huge extension out there to make anything happen.

Dunn's terrible defense mitigates the value he brings to the plate. Especially with the Brewers already-porous defense. Spend the money on pitching.

I would overlook the defensive liability to see him in the lineup behind Fielder. His offensive skills more than make up for his defensive skills.

Jenkins' WARP 4.2 as a part time player.

If Jenkins had to face LHP regularly that number would go way down.

If you add Mench -- His overall WARP is .2 -- however according to BP he was much worse as a LFer than a RFer

So you could roughly figure that Jenks+Mench (LF) WARP is somewhere around 4.

Last year Dunn hit LHP almost as well as Jenks hit RHP (OPS)

I'd rather have Dunn than Jenks+Mench -- but Dunn's overall value is compromised by his D -- and I don't think that will improve as he gets closer to 30.

Archived