Brewer Fanatic

New Rumors Thread

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the Mets are interested in Chris Capuano and Claudio Vargas, atleast according to the guy over at mlbtraderumors.com

They also mention the Crew has an interest in Yorvit Torrealba (SP?)

They also mention Dave Bush & Chris Capuano has potential trade candidates to the Dodgers. Although I dont think any source said that, it was just that Cappy and Bush might be available for trade

This really isnt a rumor but Dayn Perry on Fox Sports in his "10 Big Moves that Need to Happen" lists #8 as Jon Garland to the Brewers. He states a package centering around Mat Gamel would do the trick. He also shows Cordero to the Cubs as #7 and Jenkins to the Indians as #9

They also mention Dave Bush & Chris Capuano has potential trade candidates to the Dodgers. Although I dont think any source said that, it was just that Cappy and Bush might be available for trade

LaRoche and Kemp would be quite attractive trade candidates. If the Dodgers make a run at ARod, LaRoche likely can be had.

Robert

That's confusing. Adding Sheets would not get the Royals into the postseason in 2008, and there's no way they'd be able to handle an extension with him. Plus, who would make that deal a go? Doesn't sound that likely imho.

Capuano for Buck straight up would make sense as a plausibility, fwiw. Sometimes I think these rumors/'rumors' simply get their names mixed up with all the talks flying around this time of year.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

According to the Royals board on mlb.com they said the source was WSSP Sheets may be traded to the Royals for Buck and a unnamed player, who would the player have to be for you?

I'm assuming this is completely made up by a fan. I didn't hear this on WSSP, and given the fact that we have several WSSP listeners here and no one said anything, I think some fan is just this to get a rise out of people.

Sheets makes no sense for KC, so I think the rumor completely dies right there.

According to Peter Gammons....

Baltimore is indeed listening to offers for Bedard, he doesn't say it's likely Bedard will move, but does say the Orioles aren't saying no.

It's hard to believe the Orioles would really deal Bedard, but if it's true, Doug should take a long look and be willing to give a little.

How about....

Gamel, Capuano, Vargas, Nelson

for

Bedard and Bradford

I don't know if Baltimore considers that trade. I'd imagine Vargas and Nelson don't have a lot of value. Baltimore would have to be convinced that Capuano would rebound. I'm thinking we'd have to include a pitching prospect to make it work.

I would do that deal in a second if Baltimore would consider it.

I don't think they'd actually go after someone's #1 pitching prospect if they are so-moved to trade Bedard, simply because most teams wouldn't give up someone like Yo. I can see Hall being added in the mix - and while I believe he'll bounce back nicely next season - I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him to get Bedard. Hart, I would not touch.

And, from what I hear, numerous teams are still high on Capuano as his numbers in many of his starts shouldn't have added up to that "losing" streak. However, I have no idea what the Orioles view is on him.

I would try offer Baltimore Sheets, Cappy, and Zach Jackson for Erik Bedard, I might add Wise to sweeten the deal. If the Orioles do accept this trade, I fully expect Team Canada to do their darnest to convince their fellow Canadian from Ontario to a reasonable 4 year contract extension http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If the Orioles are moving Bedard who has two years left, its to rebuild. They'll want at least one sure fire #1 pitching prospect. If the Giants are serious about moving Linecum, that would be a potential match. They'd have no interest in Sheets or Capuano if thats the case.

Archived