Brewer Fanatic

New Rumors Thread

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rotoworld says Miguel Cabrera is on the market. Not saying he would be a fit for our defense, but he use to play left field.... I'm just saying......

I think every Marlin might be available this offseason it might appear.....

The talks would start with Gallardo and we'd probably have to add either Villanueva or Parra and then maybe Hart. No way I'd consider Cabrera.

I think Luke Scott would come cheaper than Vargas, even. He'd be a nice pickup.

If that is true, then he is the guy I want. Vargas for Scott. Despite his slow start last year, he still managed to end up with an .855 OPS. He would be the perfect guy to have in the #2 spot, especially if he comes that cheaply. He's also a lefty bat, which is nice to have. Go get him Doug!

I think Luke Scott would come cheaper than Vargas, even. He'd be a nice pickup.

You know, brett, the more I thought about it, the more I thought that. We'd likely have our pick of RP not named Wheeler or Lidge. This deal is so good, I can only hope it happens.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

If we can get Scott for Vargas, that would be the no-brain move of the century. Doesn't he still have a year until he's even arbitration eligible? I'd feel pretty good about the offense with Weeks, Scott, Braun, Fielder, Hart leading off every game and the pitching rotation would look good with Sheets, Gallardo, Villanueva, Suppan and Capuano/Bush/Parra. We could then throw some money at Cordero and Linebrink and maybe even another guy like Riske to shore up the bullpen.

You know Robert, you could have linked to Ramblings' tidbit about Scott.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I'm embarrassed to say that I stopped and checked Baseball Think Factory before Ramblings today.

robert

The Marlins have not ruled out a pursuit of A-Rod.

Rockies talking to Jason Jennings and Shawn Shacon.

Derek Jeter does not need knee surgery, Hideki Matsui does. Yankees have "closed the door" on A-Rod, Cano has told Cashman he does not want to move to 3B.

O's declined Kris Benson's option.

M's decide today on Jose Guillen's option (why would they say no?).

Boston is focused on keeping Mike Lowell over the next ten days, and will not discuss A-Rod until that is resolved one way or the other.

Giants are trying to re-sign both Vizquel and Feliz, are "kicking the tires" on A-Rod. Tinkering with numbers to see "if 27 million will fit."

O's declined Kris Benson's option.

if he can be had cheaply, which he can't, not that he is a good fit, but I wouldn't mind seeing his wife around the ball park, she could be entertaining, I remember when he was with the mets, she said that if he ever cheated on her she would sleep with the entire team and the grounds crew...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

she is an overated stripper, i want her no where near Milwaukee. She may have been a good looking woman at one time, the second she opens her mouth, that all goes out the window.

Edited: removed over other term for her choosen profession.

she is an overated %+$!$, i want her no where near Milwaukee. She may have been a good looking woman at one time, the second she opens her mouth, that all goes out the window.

This reminds me of a great quote - something about "Light travels faster than sound. So some people look fantastic, intelligent, etc., but then they open their mouthes and prove otherwise."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

maybe you should check the site FAQ's because what you typed isn't really allowed either.

What kind of language is not allowed?

Language is critical in any online forum, and Brewerfan.net aims to be more genteel than other sites.

Most major cuss-words are filtered out, with a character string such as @#%$.

Also filtered out are some words which are not strictly 'cuss' words, but are widely recognized as derogatory.

• Preview your posts before sending, and if the preview screen shows that a word you used is filtered out, edit your post. (Would you use that language around your neighbor's 10-year-old?)
  • Using creative spellings or abbreviations to avoid the cuss filter is also not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, replacing letters in cuss words with characters or spaces.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Padres - Considering Geoff Jenkins, will also bring in a new CF, probably via trade. Considering Coco Crisp, also considering a one-year offer to Andruw Jones.

Devil Rays - Want a SS, considering Omar Vizquel.

BREWERS - "Not sure yet" on Mench, looking at outfielders with OBP and low Ks, also looking at catchers. Trying to keep Cordero, this will be 10M per year, 4 years...or better.

Mets - Might make Carlos Beltran available, if they pursue A-Rod.

White Sox - Interested in Johnny Damon, may pursue deal centered around Crede.

I'm guessing the comments from just above concerning the Brewers are taken from the comments made in this morning's Journal-Sentinel:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=681909

It's nothing that we didn't know already, but it does add that the Brewers are also interested, or at least gauging the interest in keeping Scott Linebrink around. I'm guessing one out of Cordero and Linebrink return, but not both.

The comments about Mench and Estrada kind of reflect the discussion in the Mench vs. Nady, Estrada vs. Torrealba thread, in that you aren't likely to find a signficant upgarde to either Mench or Estrada, and the team may be best off bringning both of them back.

Archived