Brewer Fanatic

Bucks beat Cavs in dramatic fashion

milwaukeesportsfan

Europe, I believe.

I just hope this isn't one of those weeks where everything goes well then later on we counter it with a 0-4 road trip against poor teams down the road. So far, they aren't giving too many indications that that will be the case though, which is nice.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suppose the disaster last night was inevitable at some point.
I totally agree. Nights like last night are going to happen to this Bucks team a couple of times this year. When they are cold from outside it makes it tough for them to win. Last night they shot 4-20 from the 3 point line.

I just hope this isn't one of those weeks where everything goes well then later on we counter it with a 0-4 road trip against poor teams down the road. So far, they aren't giving too many indications that that will be the case though, which is nice.

OK, so it's not an 0-4 road trip, but it is 0-2 against the 76ers and Hawks after beating three good teams last week.

I wish I would just keep my mouth shut.

Bogut sort of calling out the team...

"Without giving anyone bulletin board material or calling guys out or anything, it's just a problem that we're having with the franchise since I've been here," said Bogut, in his third season, after Wednesday's loss. "I think we play to the level of the opponent sometimes. And no disrespect to Atlanta or Philadelphia - they came in and gave it to us both games - but with Dallas or L.A. we prepare differently because it's a big-name team. We kind of feel more pumped up."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=691221

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Wow...Bucks dominate the entire game tonight, only to get out-scored 26-11 in the 4th quarter. Some bad calls by the refs, horrible shot selection and they got pounded on the boards in the last 6 minutes (NY had 5-6 offensive boards). Terrible, terrible execution down the stretch....way to lose all the momentum of the win streak by losing to three teams under .500

OK, so it's not an 0-4 road trip, but it is 0-2 against the 76ers and Hawks after beating three good teams last week.

I wish I would just keep my mouth shut.

OK, so they're 0-4 since I posted, including impressive losses to some not so good teams, as well as an impressive loss to a decent Pistons team.

I wish I knew how to unjinx this.

There has been one constant in about two decades or pretty much mediocre at best teams for the Bucks and that would be Herb Kohl. He hires/fires the head coaches, does the same for GM's, and he butts in on moves made by the GM.

I'm not a big fan of Larry Harris, but it's hard to know how often Kohl and his cronnies overrule moves by Harris. Either way, i do think this is and should be the last year for Harris.

There has been one constant in about two decades or pretty much mediocre at best teams for the Bucks and that would be Herb Kohl. He hires/fires the head coaches, does the same for GM's, and he butts in on moves made by the GM.

I'm not a big fan of Larry Harris, but it's hard to know how often Kohl and his cronnies overrule moves by Harris. Either way, i do think this is and should be the last year for Harris.

Hey! We actually agree on something regarding the Bucks! While I'm happy Kohl kept the team in town, he's definitely NOT the kind of owner that the team should have.

And who's to say that Larry isn't one of Kohl's cronies...?

Agreed on Kohl. 11 division titles prior to Kohl, 2 since. And one of those was his first year as owner, before he could screw things up (and drive away Don Nelson).

12 division crowns in the first 18 years, 1 in the next 21.

so pretty much what we're saying is that Herb Kohl is Bud Selig, saves/brings a pro team to Milwaukee, then maintains it on life-support the rest of the way.

i don't know yet whether it's worse to have a consistently poor local team or no team at all.

Wow, what happened? I went to bed at halftime, team was down by double digits and Redd had only five points. When I saw the score on ESPN this morning I thought I was going blind.

It was actually closer than the score indicates. The Clippers had a one point lead with about 3 minutes left but they couldn't stop Bogut or Redd.

Hey don, Mo had 9 assists and 0 turnovers. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Hey don, Mo had 9 assists and 0 turnovers. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

But threw up a TON of bricks. 3-14 shooting is NOT what I would call "smart game management." Plus - did you see him early on? On quite a few plays, he chose to drive and take a very ill-advised shot in traffic when he could have dished to a wing guy for a comparatively-easy shot. It's part of the reason why the Bucks let the lead get as bad as they did - LAC was hitting their shots and the Bucks were taking terrible ones.

9 assists is nice and all but it really doesn't show the big flaw in Mo's game, especially during transition: He'll insist on driving to the hoop, no matter how many defenders get back and into the paint. And of course he doesn't get the fouls, either. He needs to watch the wings better than he does. And until he can, he'll continue to miss out on a bunch more assist opportunities.

Mo would have had 12-13 assists easy last night if his teammates weren't bricking shots left and right. Yea Mo also shot poorly, but he distributed the ball very well, he can't go put the ball in for his teammates after setting them up. Even after a 3-14 night, Mo is shooting a very efficient 48.7% and 7.4 assists with is 9th in the NBA among point guards.

The biggest problem lately has been the Bucks are getting terrible production from a SF spot they have 15 million per invested in, Yi is very up and down, and Villanueva offers absolutely nothing of value on nights where his shot doesn't fall. Mix in that Charlie the sulker Bell is playing like a D-league guy after getting 18 million, pretty much Mo/Redd/Bogut has to carry the team on many nights.

Forgot to add our six million per year backup center Dan Gadzuric who is so spastic that yet another coach won't play him.

Got to find fault somewhere. Hey danzig I think don might be europa.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Hey now, I'm just keeping it real http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

It's not my fault that I see the big glaring holes in his game...

Went to the game last night, and while it's the first game I've actually seen them play this year it left a few impressions on me. First, Simmons is awful. I know he's been removed from the game for a year, but he looked pathetic. Second, Villaneuva has the Tim Thomas syndrome - he continues to take outside jumpers when his strength is slashing to the basket. After some promising games earlier in the season he continues to be far to inconsistent.

Bringing me to my revelation from last night, Harris's moves have hindered (the above in particular) more than helped the team. I looked at the Warriors last night and that team was in shambles 2 years ago. They are now nearly an elite team. Harris has had plenty of time to remake this roster into a winning combination and has failed to do so. I know they had injuries last year and it's still early in this season, but last night was an embarassment and this is a reaction to it.

Here's to some success going forward.

Archived