Brewer Fanatic

Bucks beat Cavs in dramatic fashion

milwaukeesportsfan
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Simmons is usually dead on in his basketball assessments (if you can get past the fact that he adds humor to it). I think most scouts and fans knew about how soft our big guys are. I'm still holding out hope that Bogut becomes more of a force in the middle...but I don't know how much longer I'll think he can actually do this.

See, Mo? Pass the ball and the Bucks WIN. It's really not that hard.

That said, if the Bucks are going to have Bogut go inside more often, he'll draw fouls. And if he draws fouls, he has to shoot better than 55-60% from the charity stripe.

Mo with 12 assists, Bogut with 23 points and 4 blocks. Wish they play like this more often.

That said, if the Bucks are going to have Bogut go inside more often, he'll draw fouls. And if he draws fouls, he has to shoot better than 55-60% from the charity stripe.
Totally agree, 5 for 9 at the free throw line doesn't cut it. So far this season, Bogut is hitting below 50% of his free throws and that's just awful and wasteful. Hope he works harder on his free throws during practice.

See, Mo? Pass the ball and the Bucks WIN. It's really not that hard.

It's not just the foul shooting for Bogut. Yea he scored 23 points tonight, but very few were from Bogut creating offense on his own in the post. So far this year i've been disappointed that he still struggles bad in post up situations when matched with any good defending big man.Tonight most of his points came cuts/slashes to the rim off nice passes by Mo after he broke down the defense, off putbacks, and at the line. The Bucks desperately could use a guy who can consistently score and draw double teams down low, but his post skills are still so unrefined that the good defensive bigs to often swat his weak left handed baby hooks or force him into ugly misses.

Because most bigs with size and/or any defensive skill can to often stop Bogut when he posts up and his midrange jumper so erratic, teams rarely bother doubling him when Andrew catches in the post. Hopefully Yi eventually can develop down there in post ups to where unlike Bogut, Yi is such a consistent threat that they decide to double him alot. Teams who have a big man that often need to be doubled, it's such an advantage for the offense.

^ Yeah he looked disinterested. He only played 14 minutes which probably is why. Charlie V has great offensive skills but honestly Yi is a better overall player than him right now.

Why can't Bogut put up these types of numbers more often? I mean that's what we expected when we drafted him. He should be putting up 20 and 10 on a nightly basis.

Oh yeah, Scottie Williams is an awesome edition, well done whoever gave him the job.

Bogut was probably the right pick....but 2005 was the wrong year to have the #1 overall.

Chris Paul

Deron Williams

Marvin Williams

Andrew Bynum

Danny Granger

Monta Ellis

All players I would take over Bogut right now. I'd prefer Deron Williams to all of them but we already had Ford and Williams so they didn't even think about PG.

I can only agree about Paul and Deron. We were never going to take a PG when we had TJ coming back and Mo who was the starter that year on the team. Bogut is fine. I am more than impressed with the strides he has made on defense. He has turned into a semi-respectable shotblocker and nobody thought he could do that. Struggling on offense but we know he has the skill to improve there. Maybe he wont be a superstar but he's a going to be and is now a very valuable player.

Struggling on offense but we know he has the skill to improve there.

How do we know that? I love the improved defense, but we are in year three for Andrew and he still has no jump shot and struggles badly vs good or even decent defenders in the post.

There's no way we were taking a point guard -- we had TJ and Mo. I'm not saying they are/will/could be better (that's not what my post is about). So all point guards weren't going to be taken at that spot due to the makeup of the team at that point.

I think if we took anyone over Bogut it would've been Marvin Williams. Williams could still be a good to very good player, but the knock on him was that a team would have to be patient and it would take him awhile to develop -- a very true statement.

I'd take Bogut at #1 in that spot the Bucks were in. Paul is the only player I would take besides Bogut or Williams. There were a lot of skeptics on Deron's game coming out of college.

i agree with hardy, Bogut was the correct pick. He may not be performing like a #1 overall selection. but he is hardly as bad as someone like Olakandi. Big men are so hard to find in this league, so there is reason that usually the #1 overall pick is the best amateur center, just like the #1 overall pick in the nfl is usually the best college qb. He has only been in the league 2+ years and is still developing. He should just be a rookie now, people need to give him some room. He seems to be improving this year, atleast with his rebound totals and the scoring will come. He is an exellent passer which is so imporant when you have so many good shooters from the perimeter.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wow, they won a road game.....and against a Central Division opponent to boot!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived