Brewer Fanatic

Bucks beat Cavs in dramatic fashion

milwaukeesportsfan
Maybe you have a point about stars not playing defense--specifically Milwaukee stars. We haven't had a star player who actually cared about defense since alvin robertson. That could leave a sour impression on many people regardless of all the grinders out there who basically make a living doing all the dirty jobs that many stars won't deign themselves to do.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yi's defense stinks...I've said that on this board before and I've been told I was wrong. Anywho...he'll have to figure it out and quick. Offensively it looks like he can play right away, but if he makes Turkoglu this good I'm worried. I didn't see the game on tv, but what happened in the 3rd quarter? Based on the stats we shot enough to win, but they were making tons of 3's at a good clip and getting to the line more than us (what else is new). I haven't looked at the hustle board totals, but we had to come close to tying that so this makes it more so confusing.

Also, looks like we couldn't shoot with CV or Mo...that's not good.

I didn't see the game on tv, but what happened in the 3rd quarter?
Krystkowiak turned into Stotts and for some reason started double teaming Dwight Howard even though Bogut was doing a fine job one-on-one and all Howard had to do was kick out to open guys for 3's.

well it looks like my fears are realized. They can't stop people and when the shots are not falling they are in deep trouble. Ruffin looks like a player, i hope he gets some minutes this year. Yi disappointed me a little but you can't judge him on his first game. They get to play a much worse Charlotte team Friday, lets see how they match up against them.

The Bucks need to win this game tonight. The Bobcats might have been a more realistic playoff team before Sean May's injury (and Morrison's, but he wasn't very good last year). The Bobcats have 3 nice players in Richardson, Okafor, and Wallace, but not a lot of depth.

This is the type of game we really need to wear them out and use our depth to against their 2s. If we don't win tonight, I'm really going to be down on this team after the Orlando "game" and losing to a team I believe we are better than.

Three words can sum up tonights game:

Mo Williams, ******.

Sheesh. Why would you drive for a layup with under 10 seconds to play when you are down by three. MORON!!

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

I don't think you can say the Bucks have talent...especially playing in the East. Losing games like these is flat out disappointing. I kind of questioned the Mo Williams signing when it happened, but there weren't other options out there (especially since Memphis drafted Conley). Mo is a great scorer, but I really hope he can develop into more of a natural point guard and play some defense. There's not way a guy like Felton should put up the points he did. And signing a big deal and not knowing the score late in the game doesn't sit too well with me either.

"Williams admitted he thought the team trailed by two."

This is why Mo Williams is a terrible point guard. His offensive skills are impressive when he's going right but his decision making and intelligence on the court are not what you look for in a point guard. The Bucks do not need a scoring point guard. They need someone to control the team and control the pace by getting Bogut and Redd good looks. Until Mo is gone or moved to the 2 guard, the Bucks will continue to be a lottery/low seed playoff team.

Any basketball player, from junior high on up, should know what the score is at the end of the game. I can't believe that Larry K wasn't reminding the team of what to do! I was watching and my thought was maybe he was trying to drive and someone would come over and try to block and he'd get fouled. It was a dumb play, but they didn't take advantage of the opportunities given them. I hope the season doesn't continue like this.

JJHardy7 said, "Yi's defense stinks...I've said that on this board before and I've been told I was wrong. Anywho...he'll have to figure it out and quick. Offensively it looks like he can play right away, but if he makes Turkoglu this good I'm worried. I didn't see the game on tv"

Huh?

I call shenanigans

After watching the majority of the first 2 games, I have been impressed with Yi. He's got a lot to learn and will get better, but defensively and offensively, there's a lot of talent there. Charlie V concerns me, as he likes to settle for jumpers. A couple of times last night, he drove the ball and got good results, but then didn't go back to it.

I didn't see the game on tv live, but Yi's defense needs improvement from the reports I've read and from what friends have said. His defense wasn't good when we drafted him and it's still not that great. I really hope he's a 20 year old. He has a ways to go, but if he's only 20 he could be something really good for the Bucks and the city for years to come -- at least offensively.

I see Mo Williams is already living up to his reputation as a me-first, pass-never point guard.

At this rate, unless Mo figures out that passing is an essential part of his job, the Bucks are lottery-bound yet again.

If that happens, Harris better be sent out of town ASAP.

And the worst part is... Mo's pretty much untradeable with that ridiculous contract.

Hopefully Mo will figure it out. For the Bucks' sake, he better.

Archived