Brewer Fanatic

Bucks beat Cavs in dramatic fashion

milwaukeesportsfan
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really follow the Bucks, but they were playing in High Definition tonight against the Lakers so I decided to tune in. What blew my mind was that Coby Karl is playing for the Lakers. I went to high school with this kid. He was in my study hall and here he is throwing up the alley-oop to Andrew Bynum. I got to see him play a few times in high school and I didn't even think he was the best player on the team. I didn't invision him playing for the Lakers that's for sure.

Just thought I'd share.

• 3 weeks later...

It keeps getting worse.

5 minutes to go in the game tonight in Philly and the Bucks trail 93-52. Big ouch. (edit: 112-69 final.)

Obviously this season is gone and trade talks are coming, but does anyone think they should give Ramon Sessions a shot this year? He's currently representing the Bucks in the NBDL and putting up some sick numbers...I know it's the NBDL, but he's been on fire.

Ramon Sessions player page

Look at those last 3 games. He can't be any worse than our current 12th man, can he? Maybe I'm just reaching as I've lost track of the Bucks the past few years, but I liked this kid's game in college at Nevada and was interested to see if he'd ever play here.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

That game was pathetic... Time to shake the roster up a bit.
This roster needs to be gutted...not shook up. Everyone can go except for Bogut and Yi. Larry Harris and Coach K can be sent packing as well.
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

That game was pathetic... Time to shake the roster up a bit.
This roster needs to be gutted...not shook up. Everyone can go except for Bogut and Yi. Larry Harris and Coach K can be sent packing as well.

Larry Harris should have been sent packing two years ago.

I was watching the "game" (use that term loosely) last night with my son, who just turned three. At a couple of points, he spontaneously shouted "Boooorrrrr-innnnngggggg!!!" It was both hilarious and kind of sad.

I know that they were playing w/o Redd and Mason, and they're in the midst of 7 games in 10 days, but they really looked atrociously bad. Rodney Carney looked like MJ out there against them.

until the bucks get guards who let the big men into the game and until the team gets a defensive mindset, we are going to go nowhere. This has been a problem since i have been a bucks fan. Even when we were good under Karl the team never played defense and really never let the 4 or 5 into the game. Whether this mean that you trade away your guards, I am not sure.

from 8-8 to 19-31. Wow.

Just a terrible 2 months of basketball out of this team. 8 forward rotation and the 2 best (Yi and Villanueva) never get on the floor at the same time.

Now Yi "might be out 4 weeks" with a bum shoulder, according to ESPN

And they did call Sessions up (is that what they say in the NBA?), but he broke his hand in his first practice. What luck.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Anyone that thinks they can't afford to go see a game now's your chance. Yeah, the on court product blows but people are practically giving Bucks tickets away.

Lower level $12.50 apiece with free shipping anyone?

Plus how about these upper level first row corners for three bucks each.

link

Better get 'em fast though. Last night's game against the Knicks has Bucks fans re-energized and fired up.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

I love our coach. We lost to the Knicks last night 99-98. Last play of the game goes to who? Michael Ruffin of course. There's nobody I have more confidence in taking a shot with the game on the line than Michael Ruffin.

The Bucks are just awful. I think I have said that before, they haven't been relivant to me in about 3+ years. I used to be as big a basketball fan as I am baseball and football and now I could just care less about the entire NBA. It just doesn't have that "it" anymore to me. Maybe I'm in the minority.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Aww man, I missed that news about Sessions. That's too bad.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

• 3 weeks later...

Buzzer-beater 3 by Redd tonight to beat the Cavs. That's 3 out of the last 4 for the Bucks, with wins over Detroit, Denver, and Cleveland (combined record: 107-63). Still only 3 games out of the playoffs (in the Eastern Conference, mind you).

This team is so frustrating...go on hot streaks against good teams and then clunk against the Clippers, Knicks, or Sonics.

It's still a pretty sad state of affairs that they could get a playoff berth with an atrocious record, although they have been playing a bit better of late. They really need a good point guard. The most frustrating thing of all is that they have a lot of pretty good players (Redd, Williams, Bogut, Charlie V) but they don't play well together. They need a big time roster shake up and put parts together that can actually mesh well, instead of just good players who all do basically the same thing.

the problem with "tanking" is that we've won too many games already to get one of the top 4 picks. I know it's a "lottery", but in order to get a Beasley or a Love, you have to have one of the bottom 4 records in the NBA. Look at the Standings. There's just no way. And the difference between the 7th pick and the 14th pick aren't big enough not to at least make a run at the playoffs...

the problem with "tanking" is that we've won too many games already to get one of the top 4 picks. I know it's a "lottery", but in order to get a Beasley or a Love, you have to have one of the bottom 4 records in the NBA. Look at the Standings. There's just no way. And the difference between the 7th pick and the 14th pick aren't big enough not to at least make a run at the playoffs...

Not necessarily. The lottery guards against "tanking" to a point. Look at what happened last year -- the Bucks should have had the third or fourth pick (IIRC), but ended up with the 7th.

Archived