Brewer Fanatic

Bucks beat Cavs in dramatic fashion

milwaukeesportsfan
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Bucks simply are a dysfunctional franchise. There is no clear line of power in regarding to making the key basketball decisions. When it comes to these very important decisions we have Larry Harris, Ron Walter, and Herb Kohl all having their say with Kohl making the final call. We basically have a GM that has very limited power and non-basketball people in Walter/Kohl continually overruling the socalled GM, situations like this rarely work out well for any pro franchises.

I do believe it's probably time to let Harris go and try someone new, but in the defense of Harris, he's been like a boxer that was told he could only punch with one hand. Harris had deals on the table for guys like Boozer and Marion, only to be shot down by Walter and Kohl. Harris also has little to no say in who coaches the Bucks, imagine Bob Harlan telling Ron Wolf or Thompson who had to coach the Packers and then decided for the GM if/when the coach had to be fired.

Unless Kohl hires a very strong GM and gets out of that guys way, along with Kohl's cronies, i have little hope the Bucks franchise will ever leave the mud they've been stuck in for so long.

There is quite a bit of good insight in this Danzig. Organizations are reflections of their leadership. Despite his image, the Senator is a control freak and has the final say in everything.....everything (for emphasis). In addition to Larry Harris and Ron Walter being involved and thinking they have power, add John Steinmiller to the mix as well...the ultimate "yes man." The organizational structure is intentionally structured this way so the Senator is involved in every aspect of the business.

Just like the Brewers and the Selig's, the Bucks will improve when new ownership takes over.....but that won't happen until the Bradley Center can support the revenues needed to sell the franchise at the amount it will take for the Senator to let it go. It's a "non-viable" financial transaction at the time...at least if you plan on keeping the team in Milwaukee.

I guess if I had to make the call, I'd Go with Yi and CV with Bogut, Redd and Mo. Embrace the one skill this team seems to have which is shooting the ball. We would be less then steller on 'D', but not like there is much option. Bell can back-up the 1 and 2. I guess Simmons will have to do the same @ the 3 and 4. I'd let Jake play a bit more @ the 5 and have Bogut play some (not a lot, but in some situations) at the 4. Maybe we could win 50% of the game left...here's to the drive for 35!

I told me friend who is a huge Bucks fan at the begining of the year they would suck again and not make the playoffs and he kept telling me they wer different this season. Sure doesn't look like it so far. I have zero interest in this team and it has been that way for close to 5 years now.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hey, they beat the Heat on the road.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Yuck I don't even like Redd but that's horrible for us. An injury prone player that won't make us any better. How about Larry K. benching Redd in the 4th quarter last night? I liked that, Redd played like garbage.

Fire Larry Harris. Yesterday.

He put this mess together; he should now be promptly shown the door. Sadly I think Herb is suffering from the Isiah Thomas Syndrome: An absolute refusal to fire your GM when he's been nothing short of terrible for some unknown reason.

Fire Larry Harris. Yesterday.

He put this mess together; he should now be promptly shown the door. Sadly I think Herb is suffering from the Isiah Thomas Syndrome: An absolute refusal to fire your GM when he's been nothing short of terrible for some unknown reason.

Wouldn't it be a James Dolan syndrome? Isiah isn't the owner.

Again, I refuse to blame Harris completely for this. I put most of the blame on Kohl and his three blind lawyers that have completely screwed this team over. Yeah, the team sucks, but if Harris had his way Carlos Boozer would be our PF right now, or if Kohl didn't want to do that (understandable at the time considering Boozer's injury history at the time) then Marion could be our SF/PF. Kohl and his cronies would have none of it so what exactly is Harris supposed to do?

PaulPressey25 from RealGM put it this way. We've gone through how many GM's, how many coaches and how many players in the Kohl era? None of them could do anything other than 2000-2001 the rest of the time the team has been mediocre or worse. That's 100% on Kohl.

Actually there was a story on Yahoo Sports yesterday that suggested that communication between Harris and Kohl has become scarce. Kohl thinks Harris oversold him on Yi's talents (not sure what he's complaining about there, as Yi was just named Rookie of the Month). Doug Collins was mentioned as a possible successor to Harris but the general thought is that he wouldn't take the job unless he got a ton of money. Rick Sund was thought to be a more realistic possibility.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-fivedisappointments010308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Wouldn't it be a James Dolan syndrome? Isiah isn't the owner.

True, but Larry and Isiah are both snakes. They're the metaphorical pipers, playing their tunes that brainwash the owners.

I agree to an extent that Larry isn't 100% responsible but he should take a ton of the blame for assembling the current team.

Now... I know we've all had this discussion before but... is there a reliable source that you can give me that actually shows that Harris had trades for Boozer and/or Marion lined up?

Now... I know we've all had this discussion before but... is there a reliable source that you can give me that actually shows that Harris had trades for Boozer and/or Marion lined up?

All I can say is some of the insiders on RealGM have said it. GrandAdmiralDan, xTitan etc. danzig posts on RealGM I'm sure he can come in and back me up by saying those deals were on the table but Kohl rejected them.

I was stunned last night by two things. #1, it seems like the Bucks have lost by 20 or more their last 5 games or so. How does that happen? OK, a blowout happens, but you are a professional team! Pride has to kick in somewhere, doesn't it? #2, how are they only 12-20? They can turn it around, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. Thankfully, I'll be moving soon to a city (San Antonio) where the basketball team is at least watchable!

I'm going Wednesday. Free tickets and my first game since the Gary Payton playoff days. The NBA has become just so unwatchable to me I rarely even watch on TV.

Firing the coaches isn't the answer. The players don't listen to the coaches anymore-it like the inmates running the asylum syndrome. The league has become so superstar driven that every team tries to make one of their guys a superstar and it just doesn't work out that way.

The NBA just isn't fun to watch anymore...

Archived