Brewer Fanatic

Bucks beat Cavs in dramatic fashion

milwaukeesportsfan

First the Warriors are hardly elite. They're like 2 games over .500 and were barely snuck into the 8th seed last year. If it wasn't for Nellie running the show that team would be garbage.

Second I propose we ban talking good about any player or any game as they seem to get blown out anytime we do.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First the Warriors are hardly elite. They're like 2 games over .500 and were barely snuck into the 8th seed last year. If it wasn't for Nellie running the show that team would be garbage.

I said 'nearly elite'. Perhaps they haven't reached that level but I watch them play enough to see how they have improved. They are deep and talented. I would be surprised to see them as the #4 seed in the west - and that's because the Suns will probably win their division. They are only a few games over .500 now, but they dropped their first 6 of the season, since then they have won 10 of their last 12. Also, who cares if having Nelly helps them win, they are winning that's all that matters.

I agree with the positive comment idea. Everytime you think they have turned the corner they start a new losing streak.

This game never should have gone to OT. Note how Mo will ALWAYS hold the ball at the end of the quarter/half/game until a last second shot. He didn't drive there and forced up that three. Had he driven to the basket AND/OR PASSED THE BALL, the odds of the game ending differently improves significantly.

That plus the Bucks show ZERO movement consistently on that set play. Watch them - they NEVER move. They're as much to blame for that consistently-poor set execution as Mo.

I almost threw my remote through the TV.

This game never should have gone to OT. Note how Mo will ALWAYS hold the ball at the end of the quarter/half/game until a last second shot. He didn't drive there and forced up that three. Had he driven to the basket AND/OR PASSED THE BALL, the odds of the game ending differently improves significantly.

That plus the Bucks show ZERO movement consistently on that set play. Watch them - they NEVER move. They're as much to blame for that consistently-poor set execution as Mo.

You're blaming Mo after Redd shot 5-23? Hilarious at least Mo contributing tonight which is more than we can say about Redd.

You're blaming Mo after Redd shot 5-23? Hilarious at least Mo contributing tonight which is more than we can say about Redd.

Oh, I very much blame Redd's inability to hit a lousy bucket; however, you should understand my frustration with end-of-game/quarter/half situations. The Bucks, plain and simple, do NOT know how to effectively run a set to end a quarter.

Yeah that goes back to Stotts as well. I don't understand what's so difficult about running a nice play at the end of the quarter. We NEVER do it and it gets annoying watching either Mo or Redd dribble out the clock only to throw up a 25 foot desperation shot and hope it goes in.

I wouldn't blame that much on Mo at all. For whatever reason, the last 2-3 years, nearly every play at the end of a half or last shot in a tie game, the Bucks do the same dumb thing. Have Mo or Redd standing with the ball until the clock gets to 3-4-5 seconds, dibble forward a bit and jack up some contested jumper.

Given how often this happens, i can't believe that it's against the head coach's wishes. If this only happened rarely, i could accept that the iso late jumper play wasn't what the coach wanted. It's almost all the Bucks do in these situations though. A head coach would have to be utterly incompetent if allowed same play/choice done by Redd or Mo during these end of half/tie late situation and it was against that coaches wishes.

It gets on my nerves also, but it's what we do so often and i blame the coach more than the players. Either the coach is calling the isolation play or the coach calls something else like say a post up, but it's continually ignored by the players. Neither would shine a good light on the coach. We also do this alot if we have a 5-6-7-8 point lead and the clock gets to around 3:00- 2:30 left. Have Mo or Redd stand out beyond the three point line dribbling the ball until the shot clock hits 8-10 seconds and then finally trying to get something going. More often than not this leads to some less than desirable shot that's a miss. Don't follow that brick up with a stop and before you know it, the lead vanishes because they paid to much attention to running clock instead of trying to run a play and getting the good shots up that got the lead. It's almost like a NFL defense that helped get a lead by playing tough man to man in the secondary and mixing blitzes into the pass rush. Then as the defense tries to hold a slim lead as clock gets under 2 minutes, they switch to a soft zone in the secondary and stop blitzing, the dreaded prevent. Suddenly the offense moves down the field, the defense stopped attacking and doing wha got the lead, went to just hoping the clock runs out.

That where having a quality coach matters. He can't go out there and put the ball in the net, but a coach can make sure the team is running sets instead of just running clock and taking any shot that's there as the shot clock hits 2-3 seconds.

I actually prefer the Bucks' recent quarter-ending strategy, as it is a huge improvement from the days when they would routinely turn the ball over (often on the inbounds pass) in those situations.

I'm just happy when we get the ball at the end of quarters because whenever the other team has it they always get a 3 as time expires.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

We don't need our #2 guard (no matter how good he is) jacking up 23 shots in a game. If Milwaukee is going to be good this year, it will come from sharing the ball and getting more shots (quality shots) out of their 'bigs'.

Bucks finally win one after 4 straight defeats, Hallelujah!

Their next game is at Boston, they will probably need some divine intervention and plenty of luck to beat the Celtics. The game is on ESPN Asia and I will be rooting for the Bucks for a miracle.

Rolled Orlando tonight.

Bogut played really great defensively against the Manchild that is Dwight Howard.

Every time I see Howard play, I think of one guy. Shawn Kemp. Only Howard is better.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Yi, Bogut, Mo and Redd with great games. Redd just one assist away from a triple-double. I can't figure this team out, you can't beat Portland, Seattle or Sacramento but you can beat Orlando. AAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!

Nice job letting Ersan Ilyasova go over to Europe. Not like we need a young 6'9" 3/4 that can play defense and hit shots. Not only that, he gained alot of strength over the last year which was the biggest weakness in his game. Now he's rotting in the Spain getting froze out on the bench stunting his growth as a player when he'd most likely be starting here. We know he's a NBA quality player too, we could see that in his time here. That just really ticks me off. Larry Harris hasn't exactly been impressing and he let one of the few gems he did find go and probably forever. I'm not ever counting on him coming back. I'm so glad Bobby Simmons is back, NOT. Simmons, Mason, and Storey. A rotation to proud of. Ugh. Ruben Patterson might be a rapist thug and have the IQ of a mentally handicapped child but he's sure better than what we got now.

I'm one of the biggest Bucks optimists there is(hard to believe, I know) but I'd be willing to start breaking up this team starting with Redd. Other than Yi or Bogut, I won't shed any tears if anyone else is traded.

The Bucks simply are a dysfunctional franchise. There is no clear line of power in regarding to making the key basketball decisions. When it comes to these very important decisions we have Larry Harris, Ron Walter, and Herb Kohl all having their say with Kohl making the final call. We basically have a GM that has very limited power and non-basketball people in Walter/Kohl continually overruling the socalled GM, situations like this rarely work out well for any pro franchises.

I do believe it's probably time to let Harris go and try someone new, but in the defense of Harris, he's been like a boxer that was told he could only punch with one hand. Harris had deals on the table for guys like Boozer and Marion, only to be shot down by Walter and Kohl. Harris also has little to no say in who coaches the Bucks, imagine Bob Harlan telling Ron Wolf or Thompson who had to coach the Packers and then decided for the GM if/when the coach had to be fired.

Unless Kohl hires a very strong GM and gets out of that guys way, along with Kohl's cronies, i have little hope the Bucks franchise will ever leave the mud they've been stuck in for so long.

I don't know how much the bucks can save face without making some kind of change. It seems of late with the exception of a few games, that everytime we play an elite team they kill us (we are down 38 as i write this in the 4th to detroit). There has been too many of these. I don't know if that means you trade redd, fire harris, fire larry k, or something else, but you can't keep on going the way we are going.

Archived