Brewer Fanatic

Brewers World Series vs Monday Night Packers

danzig6767

I was telling my buddy to remember that the Packers Monday Night game would get moved up if there was a game five in the World Series.Then we got to wondering what if it was the Brewers in the World Series and it went up head to head with a 5-1 Packers team playing on Monday Night Football,which game would get better ratings in Wisconsin?

Obviously a large percentage of local sports fans would have a firm grasp of the remote control flipping back and forth,but i wondered a few questions and i think i know how it would go,but i'm not positive about it.

1.Which game would get a higher rating in Wisconsin?

2.If the Packers got higher ratings in all of Wisconsin,would the Brewers World Series game get higher ratings though in the Milwaukee area?

3.If Wisconsin overall sports fans only were forced to choose and could only watch one of the two games,which one would get chosen more?

4.If Milwaukee area sports fans only had to pick one game,which would get chosen more?

My guess is the Packers game would get higher ratings in Wisconsin,but the Brewers game might get a slightly higher ratings in Milwaukee

The only sports fans picking a game questions i'm not as sure of.The Packers draw such huge ratings because so many non-sports fans or minor sports fans still love and watch the Packers,kinda like my mom and other people i know that don't really follow other sports, but watch the Packers almost every week.

With people like that excluded and asking only Wisconsin/Milwaukee residents that like and follow all the major sports teams in the state to at least some degree,i really would have a harder time guessing.I think more in the Milwaukee area would pick the Brewers game,but question if the Crew could overtake the Packers in all of Wisconsin even if it would be the first World Series since 1982.

That is just depressing.

I refuse to believe the Packers are that far ahead of the Brewers in fan support. I think all of Wisconsin would go crazy if the Brewers made the World Series. The bandwagon would fall apart from so many newcomers hopping on board.

I say Brewers would get more attention than the Packers.

I agree, that is depressing, kind of pathetic actually, if the Packers were to get a higher rating. For all the moaning and complaining about the Brewers and the stadium tax and the payroll, if they finally make the World Series and you're watching week 8 of the NFL instead, I have to doubt you're Brewer loyalty.

Wouldn't the network showing baseball even try to schedule a WS game at the same time as MNF?

Well the difference is, is that MNF is not a network show any longer.

There was a WS game on Sunday when NBC had their game on. I even noticed that my wife's show Desperate Housewives ran against the WS.

You never see though new programming on the networks during March Madness, or in the NCAA bowl season.

I think TV people are embracing the fact that FB > MLB (probably both NCAA and NFL)

I think that people are just "coming back" to the Brewers this year after a few marginally successful years. Packer loyalty runs very deep as the Pack have been around since the 20's. I think that if the Brewers play well all year next year and make the world series people would tune in over the Packers. I really believe that. But this is a football country, and a Packers state, so some people will watch the Packers no matter what.

If there was a significant game (end of season, playoffs, world series) at the same time of any Packer game I'd be at a bar watching both at the same time.

I consider myself a diehard Packer fan and haven't missed a game for at least 15 years. However, seeing the Brewers in a really meaningful game would be something I couldn't miss and if I were forced to pick one I'd probably watch the Brewers and tape the Packers.

i think its packers in a landslide. I won't forget how upset i was when the brewers were either a game back or tied with the cubs on the weekend the packers played their first game, and all of a sudden all brewers coverage when down the tubes. If the majority of people can't get excited about a pennant race, they aren't even going to care much more about the world series. Especially that the packers came in at 5-1.

I like the packers, but even in the super bowl era, i just got annoyed by the level of coverage of this team. It gets to the point where i can't turn on 1250 on mondays cause i don't want to hear about packers monday. I like watching highlights, i like reading the game story in the paper, but thats it. I don't need to hear Mike McCarthy's monday press conference live.

I know they do it all because people watch, listen, and read it, so i am in the minority.

I'd definitely watch the Brewer WS game over the Packer game and I've been a diehard Packer fan since I was young. Just think of the statewide hysteria of a Wisconsin World Series game and the difference between that and the Packers, granted a 6-1 team, playing a week 8 monday night game, and I think the Brewer game would win out.

Archived