Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Games of Wednesday April 11th

Mass Haas

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Wednesday's Daily Menu: All audio, all day -- morning, noon, and night!

All times Central; pitchers subject to change --

Nashville: RHP Tim Dillard at home vs. Oklahoma (Rangers), 11:40 AM pre-game; 12:00 noon gametime

Audio link:

www.nashvillesounds.com/listenlive/

Huntsville: LHP Adam Pettyjohn at Tennessee (Cubs), 6:00 PM pre-game; 6:15 gametime

Audio link:

www.huntsvillestars.com/

Brevard County: LHP Rafael Lluberes at home vs. Jupiter (Marlins), 9:30 AM

Audio link (game will -- OK, should -- also archive at this link):

www.minorleaguebaseball.c.../audio.jsp

West Virginia: LHP Brae Wright at home vs. Lakewood (Phillies), 6:05 gametime

Audio link (game will also archive at this link):

www.minorleaguebaseball.c.../audio.jsp

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Follow Wednesday's action as it happens:

Here's what you do, right click on each of the links below and choose "Open in New Window". Open the Nashville Gameday. For the others, choose "Log". While you're listening to your minor league game of choice (or watching/listening to the big league Crew when they are playing), simply refresh your game log browsers every so often.

Nashville:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...a_nasaaa_1

Huntsville:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...x_tenaax_1

Brevard County:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...a_breafa_1

West Virginia:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...x_wvaafx_1

Brewer Fanatic Staff

These links will be included in each daily report when the Nashville Sounds and/or Huntsville Stars are scheduled to play. Normally they are updated an hour or two prior to gametime, with Nashville's usually earlier:

Nashville Media Notes (Adobe .pdf format):

www.nashvillesounds.com/pdf/notes.pdf

Huntsville Media Notes (Adobe .pdf format):

www.huntsvillestars.com/i...eNotes.pdf

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Standings through Tuesday's action:

Surprisingly, Huntsville tied for first at 2-3...

Pacific Coast League (AAA) - PCL American North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Memphis 4 2 .667 - 4-2 0-0 W1 Iowa 3 3 .500 1.0 0-0 3-3 W2 Nashville 2 4 .333 2.0 2-4 0-0 W1 Omaha 2 4 .333 2.0 0-0 2-4 W1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Southern League (AA) - SOU North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chattanooga 2 3 .400 - 0-0 2-3 W1 Huntsville 2 3 .400 - 2-3 0-0 L1 Tennessee 2 3 .400 - 0-0 2-3 L2 West Tenn 2 4 .333 0.5 0-0 2-4 W2 Carolina 1 5 .167 1.5 0-0 1-5 L5 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Florida State League (A+) - FSL East Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- St. Lucie 4 1 .800 - 2-0 2-1 L1 Jupiter 3 1 .750 0.5 1-1 2-0 W3 Brevard County 2 2 .500 1.5 1-1 1-1 W1 Daytona 2 2 .500 1.5 1-1 1-1 L1 Palm Beach 2 3 .400 2.0 1-2 1-1 W1 Vero Beach 0 4 .000 3.5 0-2 0-2 L4 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- South Atlantic League (A) - SAL Northern Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hickory 4 2 .667 - 1-1 3-1 L1 Lexington 4 2 .667 - 4-2 0-0 L1 Greensboro 3 2 .600 0.5 1-1 2-1 W1 Lakewood 3 2 .600 0.5 1-2 2-0 W2 Lake County 2 3 .400 1.5 0-0 2-3 L1 West Virginia 2 3 .400 1.5 2-3 0-0 L2 Delmarva 2 4 .333 2.0 0-0 2-4 W1 Hagerstown 2 4 .333 2.0 1-3 1-1 W1

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Jupiter (Marlins) 4, Brevard County 2

Brevard County Box Score:

Derek Miller and Ben Stanczyk pitched well; 6'7" Hammerhead starter Chris Volstad is a top Marlin prospect...

Brevard County Game Log:

Ugly waste of a leadoff double in the 6th...

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Nashville Site:

Wednesday afternoon's game between the Nashville Sounds and Oklahoma RedHawks, scheduled to begin at 12 p.m. at Greer Stadium, has been postponed following a one hour and 15 minute rain delay due to unplayable field conditions resulting from a series of rainstorms in Middle Tennessee.

The game will be made up as part of a 6 p.m. CT doubleheader on Saturday, August 25 during the teams' second series in Nashville.

The Sounds and RedHawks will conclude their current series with a 7 p.m. finale on Thursday evening at Greer. Right-hander Tim Dillard (0-0, 2.84) will take the hill for Nashville seeking his first career Triple-A win. Oklahoma will counter with right-hander Mike Wood (0-0, 0.00).

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Huntsville now officially postponed.

Stars' site:

The Huntsville Stars game with Tennessee on Wednesday night in Sevierville has been postponed due to sustained rain and the anticipation of more to follow. The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader with the Smokies beginning at 4:00 p.m. central time on Thursday afternoon.

Adam Pettyjohn and Steve Hammond, a pair of southpaws, will start in games one and two, respectively, for Huntsville and will be opposed by right-hander Sean Gallagher and left-hander Donnie Veal for the home team.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Hey pogokat, you got me covered for Link Report updates later tonight, OK? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Actually, this will be one of our shortest and wettest Link Reports ever.

However, Thursday now boasts doubleheaders for the Stars, Manatees, and Power.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Latest from David Weiser at:

www.starsboxscore.com/

The biggest thing that sticks out to me in this past series, which the Stars lost, 3-2, is how ineffective our starter has been in the 1st inning of every ball game........ The Braves scored in the 1st inning of four out of five games: 11 runs on 15 hits and four walks, an average of .556...... To add to the irony of such a miserable opening series at home in which the temperature for every game never got above 50°, Pettyjohn, Hammond, Jones, Parra, and Narron were all able to retire the side in order in the 2nd inning......... The bullpen, by stark contrast for the series, had an ERA of 1.14 in 28 2/3 innings of work, struck out 33 hitters, walked just three, and gave up only 11 hits.

In the Mississippi finale, The Braves' Matt Esquivel (I keep wanting to call him Luis) hit the first home run of the year in the stadium, a two-run blast that went over the Corr Wireless sign in left (the third tier of billboards), then cleared the hill behind it......... Coincidence or not, there was no wind at all for the first time in this series. Still it was so uncomfortable, I wore gloves while keeping score....... I've paid the price for this series. I've got a nasty cold now which has kept me home for a couple of days.

Mel Stocker's triple to the gap in left-center in the 3rd inning was one of only two hits for the Stars. It drove in Yohannis Perez (.188) who led off the inning with a ground single by J.C. Holt into centerfield...... Stocker made a lot of people who witnessed the game forget the triple, however, when in the 8th inning, after stealing 2nd base with the club behind by four runs, he tried to steal 3rd with two out!........ That, in my opinion, and I'm sure many others, was the dumbest, most pointless thing I have seen in many a game.

Because of.my schedule, I'll miss the first inning or two of most games this year. I missed the 1st of this one, which I understand took Sam Narron 34 pitches to get out of. I'll have to rely sometimes on eyewitness accounts, for which I'm thankful to Bryan Neece of the Stars for with regards to Esquivel's home run...... Not much to say about the rest of the game. Lee Hyde retired 12 of 14 hitters in one stretch during his five innings of work. Hyde was a late replacement on the mound for Francisley Bueno, who was placed on the inactive list.

Steve Moss, who started the season wearing #22, switched to #11 Monday night....... Moss was hitting .400 wearing #22, for those who believe in superstition.

Wednesday night's road opener against the Tennessee Smokies was rained out. Just rotten, incessant drizzle.

Archived