Brewer Fanatic

Packers Radio Broadcast

lcbj68c

Try packersradionetwork.com.

I heard it on postgame several times last night and on ESPN this morning and it's just one of those classic McCarren-Laravee calls...Laravee starts the play, and when the big moment happens, he is drowned out by a "YES!" or "UGH!" or "OHHH."

Any Descriptions, re-broadcast, or other use of this broadcast without the expressed written consent of the National Football League is strictly prohibited.

(Always wanted to say that. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif)

I don't know what the general feeling is here, but I love Larry McCarren. His live calls are amazing and his interviews alone tell you what happened in the game. He has the perfect voice after a loss with the players, but still has the radio voice to do great interviews after a win.

I don't know what the general feeling is here, but I love Larry McCarren. His live calls are amazing and his interviews alone tell you what happened in the game. He has the perfect voice after a loss with the players, but still has the radio voice to do great interviews after a win.

I agree completely. He also never misses a step analyzing what happens after every play, especially in the trenches.

I wish someone could teach Larivee to use his voice better though. He starts yelling whenever something happens, and does it in a tone that makes it very hard to understand, especially if you have any other noise around you (like a car). His normal voice is fine and he should use it more often. Numerous times my wife and I look at each other and ask what happened because it could have been a touchdown or an interception and all we know is he's yelling in an inaudible voice. Even if we understand the touchdown occurred, because Larry yells it in a voice we can understand, we don't know how the play occurred.

McCarren is OK when he is doing interviews and providing commentary but I cringe whenever a big play happens and I am listening on the radio. He reminds me why I can't stand Ron Santo and also why I don't believe that regular fans should be working behind the microphone.

I don't believe that regular fans should be working behind the microphone.

Ummm...you do know that Larry wasn't just some schlub they picked up off the street. He played center for them during some of the bad years. My two cents is that when you're listening to the your team's broadcast, sure, you want some objectivity, but when there is a HUGE play to win the game, I want some excitement! I laugh whenever Wayne goes for his "dagger", but it's his schtick. I enjoy listening to them and I think they do a great job.

Archived