Brewer Fanatic

Toughest Ticket in Wisconsin Sports?

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries

Hey All,

I'm still shaking after that AMAZING MNF Game. My point here isn't to talk football however, but to get everyone's opinion (since both could happen in the next 12 months). What would be a harder ticket in Wisconsin. A Game 7 World Series Ticket at Miller Park (for the 2008 World Series), or the the 2007 (January 2008) NFC Championship Game in Green Bay.

For the Brewers, that game could be the defining moment in the franchise history, for the Packers it could be the last game at Lambeau Field for the greatest athlete in Wisconsin History.

I've decided to start saving money for both, but am wondering which game would be more difficult to get a ticket to. I know on almost any objective measure, the Game 7 of the World Series should dwarf the NFC Championship, but given the popularity of the NFL, of Brett Favre, and the Packers in the state of Wisconsin.

Even with Favre likely retiring, its going to be wonderful to watch two of the youngest teams in pro sports as they develop!

ON WISCONSIN! GO PACK GO BREWERS (Sorry Twins, on this night anyways)

There were radio shows polling people in the Milwaukee area around the end of the Brewers season about wether they would go to a Brewers Playoff game or the Packers vs Bears game and I think at least half said the Packers game. I can't believe that people would rather go to a regular season game against a team that the Packers play twice every year over a baseball playoff game. Then again, I hate the Packers.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I can't believe that people would rather go to a regular season game against a team that the Packers play twice every year over a baseball playoff game.

Well if you think about it -- The Packers play as many home games as a MLB playoff team (that went to the WS) would. You only have 8 chances to see the Packers

in a given season.

Packers will always be number 1 in this state. It's nothing to get upset about, it's just how it is. The Brewers have made huge strides in attendance and recognition the past couple years, and that is something to be glad about.

Totally agree with you on that. I think Im more into the Brewers and baseball, but I love the NFL and the Packers just as much, or close. If anyone else has a football fever to cure through message board talk about the Packers, please come over to lambeauleap.net and sign up. We need more people chatting Packers over there.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Although back in the early 80's I think the roles were reversed. Packers weren't selling out every game (I remember several games played at County Stadium that didn't sell out and were blacked out locally) while the Brewers were the toast of the town.

World Championships have a funny way of doing that. The Bulls wrested city supremacy away from the Bears in the 90's.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

with all the secondary markets these days, there really is no "tough ticket" anymore. it is more a function of how much people will pay for the ticket.

out of the two choices, the packers ticket would definitely be tougher IMO. WS tickets would likely go to the public in some way, while packer playoff tickets would be 100% taken up by season ticket holders (i think).

in my experiences, tickets to the UW-MU basketball game in madison is a pretty tough ticket. again...the 100% season ticket holder thing comes into play. though students will sell their tickets for anything these days http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I heard someone on the D-List explain it pretty well...for a lot of people in Wisconsin, the Packers are their one "sports commitment" for that week. Everything else is just completely off their radar. It doesn't make them bad people or bad fans, but it's just how it is for a huge portion of people in this state.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived