Brewer Fanatic

In Honor of the Opening of Deer Season

fondybrewfan

Does anyone have some sweet hunting stories? I was never a hunter but I have always wanted to go. I am not sure I would trust myself with a deadly weapon though and not a fan of getting up a 4 in the morning either.

One of the Wisconsin traditions of Deer Hunting season is the usual overplaying of such songs as "The 2nd Week of Deer Camp" and "Da Turdy Point Buck" Dont much like the 30 point buck song but the 2nd week of deer camp is atleast decent. They are both sung by Da Yuppers I believe

My first deer hunting season...

The second day of deer hunting I was really, really bored. I didn't see anything the day before and I was really tired from getting up so early (I was 12). So I decided I'd bring my game boy up the stand. I played it for awhile to keep busy then put it away. After awhile I heard something moving in the snow. I looked around and I saw my first deer while hunting. I believe it was a 5 - 7 point buck -- decent size, but not a 30 pointer. I stood up to get my gun (which was next to me) and the next thing I hear is cling, cling, cling! It was my game boy hitting every step on the ladder to get up the stand. The deer was long gone by the time I got my gun. Disappointing. Even more so telling deer camp what happened. After that, I never brought my game boy to my stand.

Archived