Brewer Fanatic

Top 10 cities in a sports slump

patrickgpe

top 10 cities in a sports slump

I don't know how Milwaukee is not on this list...

1. Philly

2. Atlanta

3. Buffalo

4. Cleveland

5. Minneapolis- St. Paul

6.New York City

7. DC

8. LA

9. Seattle

10. Cincinnati

Honesly, Cincinnati atleast as a world series champtionship in 90

Seattle has some nba success in the mid 90's, and a football team in the super bowl 2 years ago.

LA has a couple NBA championships

Fine DC hasn't done much

NY has 12 straight playoff apperances

Cleveland went to the NBA finals last year and the Indians had some success in the mid 90's

Minneapolis has 2 mlb championships since we last went to the world series

Buffalo went to 4 straight super bowls

Atlanta won like 14 straight eastern division crowns.

Philly has a 2001 nba finals, mlb eastern division title this year.

How are any of the cities in that much worse shape than us. I know the brewers have potential, but we haven't done anything yet and the bucks a while off I believe.

How does Kansas City not make the list? The Royals haven't been good for a long time and the Chiefs haven't made a Super Bowl in over 25 years.

Also, Philly was in the Super Bowl a couple years back, had a Stanley Cup finals team about 10 years ago, World Series apperance in 1993...so they've made it to the championship a few times.

LA? Come on...give me a break. Angels win the World Series in 2002, USC wins 2 national championships, Lakers dominate in the early 2000's.

NYC? Don't even start.

The Braves have failed to make the postseason two straight years after 14 trips to the playoffs.

How tragic.

Honestly, if there was any ranking criteria that seemed impossible to screw up, I would've thought this was it. Yet Sports Illustrated stepped up and proved me wrong. Pretty pathetic.

LA's slump is relative I guess, since USC won the football championship a couple of years ago, and won the '07 Rose Bowl to finish all the way down at #3 or so. Oh, and UCLA lost the NCAA men's basketball title game way back when in 2006. The Angels and Lakers in 2002 is only a distant memory I suppose, and the Lakers do kind of stink since the 2004 finals. A brutal and disheartening slump indeed....

Well the Admirals won the Calder Cup in '04 and the Wave won the MISL championship in '05.

But I doubt they took those into consideration, and because of that I'd have to agree Milwaukee should probably be on the list. Unless of course they're counting the Packers winning the Super Bowl, but that was mid-90's and like you said, other teams that they did put on that list have been doing much better than that since then.

We can't even get on a sports slump list, pathetic.

It seems to me the list is more of Top 10 cities with sports heartbreak. Not only did Buffalo lose in four straight superbowls, they also had the "Music City Mircale". Plus the Sabres lost in the Stanley Cup to Dallas a few years ago on basically an illegal goal by Brett Hull. Philly has had some good teams but they lose in the playoffs, Indians have had good teams but can't get all the way, Cavs lost in the finals last year.

Archived