Brewer Fanatic

Players show respect; choose Fielder and Braun

lcbj68c

I hadn't seen this tidbit posted anywhere. Fielder and Braun Honors

This award may be even more special because it is an award of solely your playing peers. Fielder for Most Outstanding Player and Braun for Rookie of the Year of course. Other notes for the award include a monetary award given to Braun, in which he said he would likely turn over the money to the Milwaukee Boys and Girls Club or the local chapter of Habitat for Humanity. In opening up this discussion even further, is anybody aware of any salary escalators or incentives for Braun and Fielder winning these awards?

I think the Brewers have a system of sorts in place for how they pay prearbitration players. I know they are one of the teams who actually treat their prearbitration players a little better, but I am not sure what kind of compensation we are talking about. Braun and Fielder are still at a point where they either have to accept what they are given or retire.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived