Brewer Fanatic

"Experts" already handing the WS trophy to the Red Sox

Fear The Chorizo

I can't believe people HONESTLY think the Rockies are as good as the Red Sox. I want Colorado to win as much as anyone, but they really should be a heavy underdog.

They got hot in September. Snuck in. And beat 2 bad teams (Phily and Arizona) to get to the world series.

The Red Sox are better all the way across the board (Rotation, Bullpen, Lineup) except for defensively.

I'd be shocked if the series goes more than 5 games. I kind of hope it's a sweep because I don't want the Packers game moved up to 7:00 on Monday night.

IF (and that's a big if) the Sox play the way they did last night. The Rox have no chance. You just knew from the 1st inning, with Beckett striking out the 1st 3 batters and Pedroia hitting a leadoff homer, the Rox had their work cut out for them. The Sox are good, and definitely have the capability to win it all.

The question is which Schilling and Dice are going to show up. If it's the good versions, then the Rockies are screwed. If it's the mediocre versions, then I don't think the Sox have that much of an advantage.

Beckett was amazing last night.

I guess we can now see why the "experts" handed the WS trophy to the Red Sox so quickly. I never understood why people get angry when analyists pick the favorite. Should they just pick the underdog to be trendy or cool, even if they don't believe in the pick?

Id have less a problem with it if they hadnt ALL picked the Yankees before the playoffs started, as they have the past 7 years. It's just more lazy "journalism" if you ask me. The easy answer is the big market.

I picked the Yankees to win the World Series when the playoffs started. Does that make me lazy? The Red Sox were actually the favorites heading into the post-season so actually the experts didn't just go with the favorite.

Every year there are 8 teams in the playoffs. Every year, a majority of the "experts" that I watch, pick the Yankees. This year the order by which I picked the potential WS winner was Indians, Red Sox, D'Backs, Angels....

Archived