Brewer Fanatic

Sale of World Series Tickets at Coors Suspended.

MHgb

Per this link: http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20071022&content_id=2276226&vkey=pr_col&fext=.jsp&c_id=col

This morning, after more than 8.5 million hits on the Colorado Rockies website, Paciolan, Major League Baseball's ticket vendor, experienced a system wide outage that impacted all of its North American customers. As a result, the Colorado Rockies have suspended the sale of 2007 World Series tickets scheduled to be played at Coors Field. "It's been an extremely frustrating morning for our fans and the entire Rockies' organization," said Keli McGregor, Rockies' team president. "We are working diligently with Major League Baseball and Paciolan to resolve the issues impacting online ticket sales for the 2007 World Series." Although some ticket transactions (less than 500 seats) did take place this morning, virtually the entire allotment for all three games of the World Series scheduled for Coors Field remains intact. A plan for the sale of the available World Series tickets will be announced as soon as the details are available.

A couple things...there was a limit to 4 tickets per person. I am going to be in Denver the night of Game 4 (Sunday). I wanted 4 tickets. I go to purchase them and have plenty of trouble. I get in once and have my seats reserved for 8 minutes. It takes 20 minutes to get through the process due to slow moving servers. I get to the final step but my cart is empty. I get in a second time only for my clock to run out seconds after click to pay for them and then it tells me my cart was empty. I get in a third time and get through the process in 2 minutes--I got my 4 tickets. I check my email for the confirmation and evidently I am now the owner of 8 tickets to the World Series. The second time through it must have worked, too, despite it telling me it didn't.

I was allowed 8 tickets (limit of 4) -- not complaining -- and why I was able to get through 3 times versus most others who never got through is beyond me. It was a big mess though. I would be upset if I was one of those who took a day off from work only to find out I couldn't get tickets anymore and had to potentially take another day off.

It's a little confusing how this happened. Don't all of the MLB teams use the same ticketing platform? I can't imagine that the demand was that much more than people going for Cubs tickets on the morning they go on sale.

There is a company in Pennsylvania (?) that sells a software to ticket brokers that floods the ticket seller with 1000's of request per second. It basically acts as a bot to grab up all the tickets. This was in the news last week. I wonder if something related happened here.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I don't understand how any non-season ticket holder can expect to have more than a 1% shot at World Series tickets anyways. I mean, demand is through the roof and there's only so many available seats. When the World series was in Chicago two years ago, me and three friends tried desperately (and seperately) to buy tickets online the minute they went on sale but it was a lost cause. Which was no surprise. I always figured it was a needle-in-the-haystack situation when it came to buying at-large World Series tickets.....
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I don't understand how any non-season ticket holder can expect to have more than a 1% shot at World Series tickets anyways.

The question is, what kind of season ticket base do the Rockies have? They were basically picked to go nowhere this year, so I have to wonder how many fans bought packages knowing they could walk up any night. It probably wasn't like Brewer fans who were buying any packages they could with the prospect of a shot at playoff tickets.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

MHgb, if you have any of those tickets available still, please let me know. I ran into the same exact situation that you did except our tickets were put back into the pool even after we got a partial confirmation number. Ive called the ticket office a few times and our tickets were dumped back into the pool and sold to someone else. I wrote a pretty long summary of our situation over in the "off topic" board. If you can part with 2 of the tickets or cannot find anyone to take them, I would gladly pay you over face(as long as its not 400 bucks like most of the scalpers are asking) if you can part with some of the tickets. I was devastated when our order didn't go through. My best buddy just moved out here last week and his birthday is on Saturday so this was going to be his b-day present. I just can't afford to insane prices that they are asking through the scalpers. I know its a long shot but its worth a shot. Id be the happiest guy in the world if we could work something out. Thanks a lot. My e-mail is elazenby19@yahoo.com.

Archived