Brewer Fanatic

Ramblings' roundtable

dadofandrew

Yes, Robert took "out of the box" to a new level. I seriously think we'll see a golf cart or something along those lines with tailgate fixins.

Well, I'm not convinced it would actually work, but think it's a more than worthwhile experiment. If I had to guess, the best selling items would be 1) ice cream (because seriously, who wants to pack that, have it partially melt, and leave any leftovers sit in the car) and 2) cigarettes (for obvious reasons for anyone who's spent time with a smoker).

Robert

Well, I'm not convinced it would actually work, but think it's a more than worthwhile experiment.

Agreed -- I think that there are plenty of people that would be happy to stay outside the park, and listen to the game on the radio, to make this sort of thing feasible. -- If they wanted to sell things like Cigs, I think they could easily set up some sort of portable kiosk -- or even a couple a few trailers/ice cream trucks that could sell things that people are not going to bring to tailgates, like ice-cream, big pretzels, nachos, etc., or even sub-lease some real-estate and let vendors come in like Pizza-Hut, George Webb, Gyros, etc...

I think that anything the Brewers do to sell the "experience" aspect will help reach the market that isn't so hot on baseball, but likes going to the park.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think an ice truck might do pretty well too.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived