Brewer Fanatic

Windows XP Problem

sbrylski

Alright, I mentioned this before, but I haven't been able to fix the problem.

My task switcher (alt-tab) keeps coming up at random times and won't go away. It is becoming incredibly annoying, and I have no idea how to stop it. Someone here recommended I switch my keyboard, but that didn't work. So I have no idea what my next step is. Any ideas?

If in "fresh mode" you mean "safe mode" there is a possibility that simply starting it up as such might fix a bug. To do this you need to press F8 when between the system screen and system boot...basically just keep pressing it when the computer starts then choose "Boot to Safe Mode" Let it do it's thing then restart the computer in regular mode.

If in "fresh mode" you mean fresh start, this fixes almost everything (and nothing). Get your System Restore discs and let the machine erase itself and start from the beginning, meaning it will be exactly as it came the first day you bought it. You'll need to a lot of updating.

There may be another meaning to "fresh mode," but I'm not entirely sure.

All in all, it sounds like a keyboard problem to me.

Best O'luck

Archived