Brewer Fanatic

ALCS Game 7: Tribe (Westbrook) at Sawx (Dice-K)

jlau20

Anyone else looking forward to this game? I'll be putting off studying for my Finance test that's tomorrow to watch it.

I think I'd be looking forward to it a bit more if the Tribe had shown any signs of life the last two games. For whatever reason, this doesn't even feel like it's going to be a good game. Of course, if the Tribe can bounce back from the two consecutive beatdowns they've endured, it will atleast make for an interesting game. Too bad neither C.C. nor Fausto could pull out one good start between them to finish this up sooner, but oh well.

One thing I have to admit about McCarver (oh, how I loathe him) is that his grammar is usually really good. He actually cares about one of my biggest pet peeves from announcers/broadcasters - ending a sentence with a preposition.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Even the radio team seems pretty excited about the Bosox. (No offense to AmyintheSouth, but I'd rather see Cleveland advance, if only to see how the media adapts to no "big name" teams in the WS.)

One of my employees is distantly related to Jake Westbrook, so that bad hop leading to the first run is making me wince extra.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

example of said pet peeve, conveniently provided by Joe Suck: "That's 19 double plays that the Red Sox have grounded into."

The English language needs counseling. No other way to cope with all the abuse it takes.

Even the radio team seems pretty excited about the Bosox. (No offense to AmyintheSouth, but I'd rather see Cleveland advance, if only to see how the media adapts to no "big name" teams in the WS.)

Heh. None taken!

I am so nervous, I can't even sit still. These double plays are brutal. How in the world do you double off Ellsbury and Lugo???

Oh man.

If they don't tie it up now, that third base coach is going to have a rough go of it for awhile.

That's Manny Ramirez in left field, odds are even if he gets that throw to home on time, it's not going to be on target.

most of their "long-suffering" fans...

Now, see, I was more or less on board with the 'long suffering' in 2004, and was thusly pleased by the Red Sox victory that year (and not only because it came over STL).

But I'd have to have an issue with anyone who called the Red Sox fans long-suffering now. C'mon, they've already won this century.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Would you rather:

Watch a game entirely narrated by Scooter, the talking baseball.
- or -
Watch a game with Tim McCarver (and Joe Buck) providing commentary.

I honestly don't know, which tells you how bad the humans in question are.

Just wow.

I would have liked the Tribe to go to the WS, but I can't complain about either the Red Sox or Rockies.

I'd prefer if the Rockies won, to keep the whole new World Series champ every year thing going, but won't complain if the Sox win it.

It should be interesting to see if the Red Sox can put a stop to Rocktober, it's kind of looking like they will if they keep this up.

most of their "long-suffering" fans...

Now, see, I was more or less on board with the 'long suffering' in 2004, and was thusly pleased by the Red Sox victory that year (and not only because it came over STL).

But I'd have to have an issue with anyone who called the Red Sox fans long-suffering now. C'mon, they've already won this century.

I completely agree. That's how I was back in '04...Nowadays? they've won their World Series, have a huge payroll, and thus will be competitive for a long long time. I think most fan bases would be more than happy to be in that situation. So why all the melodrama? Oh well, go Rox...

Archived