Brewer Fanatic

Badger Hoops: Michael Flowers to take leave of absence

Roscoe Chill

Link from JSOnline

Reasons are apparently medical. I hope it's not another Mosezell Peterson, Latrell Fleming, or Dwayne White (football) situation. Either way it just looks like this isn't UW sports' year. I thought that even without the high expectations, the Badgers would have been a very good team this year, and still might be, but losing Flowers for any amount of time will hurt big time.

(fixed link - hawing)

Please take this basketball discussion to bucksbeat.net ... I kid, I kid. 99% of me is terrified of what this means for their season, but 1% of me is thinking UPSET BABY on December 22nd. (A guy can dream!)
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

http://blogs.jsonline.com/badgers/archive/2007/10/21/flowers-spotted-at-kohl-center.aspx

Probably a good sign he will be back at some points soon. I'm guessing it's a family medical emergency and he will be back by late November but I could be wrong and he will be gone for a while. This team needs him to defend the other teams best guard, as J-Bo and Hughes are still young and probably will have trouble defending the best guards.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Madison.com, Flowers has returned to practice.

http://www.madison.com/tct/mad/breaking_news/254366

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Good for him. Hope he (or whomever) is ok now.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived