Brewer Fanatic

Curse the Cubs Thread

mikevan1818
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations on winning the division Cubs. You and your fans deserve it. I can't wait to watch you take care of business this weekend against the Pirates. If there is one thing I have learned about baseball in my 29 years of life it is that the Cubs are a great organization who take advantage of every opportunity presented to them. Take care of business today against those Pirates, anything other than a sweep is unexceptible.

I have so much respect for the Cubs, that I bow every hour on the hour in recognition of their great achievements. I cannot wait to see them win the World Series and exorcise this so-called curse some people talk about. The class surrounding the Cubs starts with players like Derek "The Knockout" Lee and Carlos "The Volcano" Zambrano, and continues on to the passionate, knowledgeable, and courteous fans. Everything about the 2007 Cubs screams WINNER. Now go out there and bury those lowly Pirates, because you are way better than they will ever be.

I have so much respect for the Cubs, that I bow every hour on the hour in recognition of their great achievements. I cannot wait to see them win the World Series and exorcise this so-called curse some people talk about. The class surrounding the Cubs starts with players like Derek "The Knockout" Lee and Carlos "The Volcano" Zambrano, and continues on to the passionate, knowledgeable, and courteous fans. Everything about the 2007 Cubs screams WINNER. Now go out there and bury those lowly Pirates, because you are way better than they will ever be.

I agree with this and more. I think there should be a stat I'll just casually refer to as RUCUS (Relativity Underneath Cubs Unique Supremacy). So for example the '27 Yankees, '54 Indians, '98 Yankees would all have a RUCUS of -1 (meaning they're only 1 RUCUS under the Cubs. The Big Red Machine might be -3.

All I hope for the Brewers is that DM makes some trades so we can just get at -10 RUCUS. That would be so awesome.

I'm so honored to have seen the Brewers at Wrigley and to have given my money to one of the truly great teams and organizations in baseball.

Sorry to post so much on this thread, but I am just brimming with well-wishes for the truly awesome Cubs.

GO CUBS GO!!

I agree with this and more. I think there should be a stat I'll just casually refer to as RUCUS (Relativity Underneath Cubs Unique Supremacy). So for example the '27 Yankees, '54 Indians, '98 Yankees would all have a RUCUS of -1 (meaning they're only 1 RUCUS under the Cubs. The Big Red Machine might be -3.

All I hope for the Brewers is that DM makes some trades so we can just get at -10 RUCUS. That would be so awesome.

I'm so honored to have seen the Brewers at Wrigley and to have given my money to one of the truly great teams and organizations in baseball.

Sorry to post so much on this thread, but I am just brimming with well-wishes for the truly awesome Cubs.

GO CUBS GO!!

E
ven the 2007 Cubs themselves appear to come in around a +7 RUCUS, if I am interpreting this metric correctly. That would mean this years team is even more supreme than in all other years, and just might be one of the greatest teams of all time. Cubs Win!! Cubs Win!! Glorious.

As I write this they are beating up against Maholm, a lefty and supposedly the undoing of the Cubs. The Cubs will sweep this series no problem!

2 out of 3.

You mean 2 out of 3 winning by at least 5 runs! The Cubs are a team of destiny. Their third game (the off game) will only be won by 4 runs or so.

Besides you got Big Z pitching on Sunday. That guy is unstoppable. A true Ace. Never gets injured and battles hard. You will win at least 2 out of 3, and the third is just Zach Duke has been more like Zach Puke this seasons. I'm seeing a big CUBS SWEEP here!

Go Cubs!

I've already congratulated the two Cubs fans I know on their winning the division.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

They got the power, they got the speed

To be the best in the National League

Well, this is the year and the Cubs are real

So come on down to Wrigley Field

Congratulations on winning the division. You guys clearly had the most talented team in a very tough NL Central. This is your year for you to end the curse.

Archived