Brewer Fanatic

I want Granderson!

Although this may never happen in a million years. I really think Curtis Granderson is by far the most underrated player in baseball. Unlike most players, Granderson seems to be a smart individual who knows the game and can play it with ease. He may not have the best OBP and AVG, but he is a solid all-around player with good speed.

Can anyone imagine him patrolling centerfield at Miller Park for the Brewers?

Here is what I think it would take to get him here...

Tigers get:
OF Bill Hall
OF Tony Gwynn Jr.
P Chris Capuano

Brewers get:
Granderson
Minor league throw-in

It would take quite a bit more than that. He's pretty much an elite player, like top 10 in the AL. Like, you know Grady Sizemore? Granderson's close to him.

If he walked some more, he would be up in Sizemore territory. He's got power, speed, and defense, and he's in his prime, playing a difficult position to find elite players.

if Melvin offered Dombrowski that deal, Melvin would probably get laughed at. Granderson is an untouchable, he makes less than 500,000 a year and is a top 10 player like Brettac said. This is a scenario where quantity does not equal quality, why would they want to add on $5 mm of salary? I think if they really want Granderson, they need to start with either Hart or Braun, and then another quality major leaguer, plus more...and those guys aren't going anywhere.

Archived