Brewer Fanatic

Mitchell steroid probe; Latest - Clemens headed to Court; Congress

jaybird2001wi
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said yesterday, the names came primarily from that new york attendant, grimsley, canseco, Balco, and FBI past files. There is really not going to be many new names because the players refused to talk. Guys like Schilling and tony gwynn admitted they knew it was happening, but refused to name names. I doubt it includes players who have tested positive for other drugs. I have to believe there are a lot more dealers and players who just have not gotten caught. perhaps they are using some different type of supplement.

it's hard to believe Big Poppy and cabrera were not on that list. Looking at pictures of both players 5 years ago and then today , it's hard to believe they grew that big , that fast just on hamburgers alone. And the news of how Cabrera recently lost 30 pounds in less than a month should be a white flag he was taking HGH.

I can't see how bd could give out suspensions to players if the player was taking steriods prior to 2 years ago. I also can't see how he could suspend a player if he has no conclusive test. All the Mitchell report provides is here say evidence. The players' union would never allow a player to be suspended on here say words.

Braun
to small and to good
Fielder
to huge
turnbow
already caught
eric G
used to recover from injuries
mota
already caught
bill hall
muscle bound
sheets
magically increased volocity
capuano
used to recover from tommy john
Gallordo
got the good stuff from Mexico through his Texas connections

got theese names from my fourth cousin who knows a guy who knows a guy who buys gas from a guy who is kind of in baseball

John Rocker. Duh. Remember Doug Henry Brewers fans...I worked out with him when I was in college. He straight up told me Rocker was on roids and he saw him do them. Henry was also a teammate of Bonds at Arizona State and I said what about Bonds? Answer: smile and a laugh!

Cant believe Pujols is on the list also this list is false. MLB officals denied it they didnt even spell the names right.

There's a chance that an internet rumor might be false? I'm utterly gobsmacked!

I'm just waiting to see what kind of punishment Gagne gets. C'mon 10 games. Lucky 10 games.

Except for the possibility this could be turned into actionable evidence now by MLB in terms of suspensions.

I suppose that is correct, but while it is morally wrong, if the drugs were not banned substances at the time the players were using them, how can baseball realistically suspend the players now? Moreover, cynically speaking, there would be no real winners for punishing these players now, as owners would lose money, players would lose money, and the league as a whole would lose money, so what would be gained from punishing them now for morally bad acts in the past.

I'm really excited. Now, maybe we can get off the Bonds-obsession, and put it where it belongs--league-wide. How does anyone believe steroid use was a series of isolated events? It's a culture. And everyone has to take the blame, from top to bottom.

I hope ESPN runs this like the NFL draft.

And with the first pick in the 2007 steroid probe, George Mitchell selects...(crowd goes silent) Roger Clemens! (Cue booing from Jets fans)

Awesome!

Might as well make it entertaining -- everyone (baseball fans) is going to be paying attention.

I suspect the list we currently see is only the surface.

Pujols is/was a juicer.

Yea, I recall a 'young guns' SI article from a few years back where Pujols (seemingly unsolicited) made sure to point out (paraphrasing), 'My power is natural. It has always been natural.' At the time while reading it, I remember thinking, 'Ok, Albert - no one really asked you...', and then instantly being suspicious of him.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I was looking at a photo comparison of some players, and the only guy who scared me from getting "huge" as a young Brewer was Weeks. That guy is a monster now, and wasn't so much about 4 years ago.

As far as Pujols is concerned with La Russa, wonder who helped bring the juice to the Bay Area?

Archived