Brewer Fanatic

Mitchell steroid probe; Latest - Clemens headed to Court; Congress

jaybird2001wi
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This website was mentioned on the radio yesterday as already listing about 60+ players.

http://thesteroidera.blogspot.com/

I just hope this big hoopla about Mitchell's invetigation doesn't turn out to be just publishing this list again. My cynical side wouldn't be shocked at a big investigation headed by a former Senator being a total flop. Maybe the reason why no names have been leaked in the past couple days is that they are all already published and really not that interesting or new. I just have a bad feeling this list is going to be prettty shallow.

rumor has it that Mr. Roger Clemens is on the list, according to a trainer/personnel with the Yankees who said that he gave Clemens steroids during his first stint with the Yankees

ESPN radio just said the same thing.

This is a sad day. I'm not sure if I'm going to listen today to what is said. These are the guys playing the game I have loved for the majority of my life, the players that I wanted to play like and be like. I collected their cards, knew their stats, and wanted to know everything about them. Now, to find out that they were cheating to have an advantage, cheating to make millions of dollars, cheating and not caring about the little kids who looked up to them makes me want to run to the toilet and throw up repeatedly. I really wanted to hope that Roger (and a few others) really were just workout warriors and kept themselves in good health. Now, I just don't know what to say. This is sad.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I really hope when this is all said and done, that we can stop talking about steroids so much. A guy pops positive, gets suspended, that's it.

Right now, NOBODY can accomplish anything at a high level in the bigs without being accused by someone of taking something to get there. And that's really sad.

"Joe Average hit 43 homeruns after hitting only 15 last year!!! He MUST be juiced!!!"

"After reading this thread, I do believe that Eugene McCarthy's spirit is still alive and well in his home state."

Minnesota? Ending the Vietnam conflict? Say it ain't so, Joe.

Nice and nice. But, hell, I hate to be a downer, so I'll play. In the spirit of the careful logic and fair-mindedness that other people have brought to this party, I'll say that every player who had a good season since 1987 was on the juice, and every player who had a bad season was clean. The guys whose performance oscillated a lot obviously didn't have enough dealers on their speed dial.

Let's remember that, among the significant victims of the morons/bastards/take-your-pick who did use steroids were the great players who didn't. Everybody who pulls names out of his butt without having any actual knowledge to back the accusations is, IMHO, an accomplice to the dealers and users who have done so much harm to the game.

Greg.

ROGER CLEMENS DID ROIDS????????

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7106/blackguysbj3.gif

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6519/stunnedev2.jpg

ESPN reports Americans everywhere are stunned!

Seriously tho, how could we not see this one coming.

EDIT: The Pettite thing actually did kinda shock me, as i just didn't expect him to be a user.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

After reading this thread, I do believe that Eugene McCarthy's spirit is still alive and well in his home state.

Gene was a Minnesotan; "Tail Gunner Joe" hailed from Wisc.

Well my face is red.

To be fair, at a certain point last night I should have been posting in the drunk thread!

Regardless I'll be very interested to see how much actual evidence is in this report.

These few lines from the ESPN article have me more interested in the release than I was before:

-----------------------

The source said McNamee told investigators he supplied Clemens with steroids while Clemens was witih the Yankees, and prior to Clemens joining the team.

Also, The Bergen (N.J.) Record, citing a baseball industry official, says "several" prominent Yankees will be named in the Mitchell report. The paper said the source spoke to a third party who had seen the final report.

"It's going to be a rough day in the Bronx," the paper quoted the source as saying.

-----------------------

These few lines from the ESPN article have me more interested in the release than I was before:

-----------------------

The source said McNamee told investigators he supplied Clemens with steroids while Clemens was witih the Yankees, and prior to Clemens joining the team.

Also, The Bergen (N.J.) Record, citing a baseball industry official, says "several" prominent Yankees will be named in the Mitchell report. The paper said the source spoke to a third party who had seen the final report.

"It's going to be a rough day in the Bronx," the paper quoted the source as saying.

-----------------------

I'm calling it. The names will include Jeter, A-Rod, Rivera, Soriano, and in the biggest shock of all: David Wells.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

looks like Orioles 2B Brain Roberts may also be named in the report.

this sort of makes me wonder whether front office people at least had a good idea on who would be involved in this - Tejada just got dealt (who I think is a no-brainer as far as being in this report), and Brian Roberts was on the block during the winter meetings as well (I think the Cubs were after acquiring him).

So what are the odds that Yankees fans will claim that their team is being picked on due to George Mitchell having a stake in the Boston Red Sox? Or Cubs fans accusing Bud Selig of "helping" his old team by getting a few Cubs added on the list?

I'm as curious as anyone else about who's going to get named, but this could get ugly.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

So what are the odds that Yankees fans will claim that their team is being picked on due to George Mitchell having a stake in the Boston Red Sox? Or Cubs fans accusing Bud Selig of "helping" his old team by getting a few Cubs added on the list?

I'm as curious as anyone else about who's going to get named, but this could get ugly.

They were just talking about this on ESPNs first take. If no big named sox are on the list you can best that Yankee fans are going to start screaming about it. I didn't know that Mitchell had that strong of ties to the Red Sox.. I would hope that he would put that aside.

Archived