Brewer Fanatic

Mitchell steroid probe; Latest - Clemens headed to Court; Congress

jaybird2001wi
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. I know (and have known for most of my life) that athletes are NOT role models. Even before Barkley said it. But, to see what arrogant jerks these guys are is appalling. Clemens was a guy I really admired, and now, I'm saddened to see this guy think he can do just about anything and be untouchable is sad.

It's true that professional athletes are no better than an average Joe. I also don't think they are any worse, either, though. I don't understand why society has ever offered up professional athletes as roles models in the first place, at least any more than any other person at the top of his profession.

Even though MM says she cannot refute the story, what consists of a decade long, non-sexual relationship. She couldn't have been more specific. If Clemens was sleeping/doing 'stuff' with a 15 year old I lost respect for him as a person; especially if he was 28.

OK, just when you thought it couldn't get any weirder . . . .

"Several sources told the Daily News Wednesday that Clemens had a relationship with Paulette Dean Daly, a former wife of champion golfer John Daly. The sources said Clemens, a married father of four, arranged trips to Anaheim Stadium for Daly - the latest woman to emerge as an alleged Rocket flame - to watch him pitch for the Yankees against the Angels. Sources also said he spent time with her in Palm Springs, Calif."

". . . Another woman who has been linked to Clemens, Pennsylvania real estate agent Angela Moyer, acknowledged that she knew Clemens but declined to say anything more."

On the eighth day, Roger Clemens apologized. Following a week in which the Daily News reported his affairs with several women, Clemens released a statement Sunday night apologizing for "mistakes in his personal life," while again denying he ever used performance-enhancing drugs. "I have apologized to my family and apologize to my fans," Clemens said. "Like everyone, I have flaws. I have sometimes made choices which have not been right." Clemens made it clear he is not admitting to using performance-enhancing drugs.

Archived