Brewer Fanatic

Mitchell steroid probe; Latest - Clemens headed to Court; Congress

jaybird2001wi

interesting speculation. could boras be a middle man for HGH and steriod pushers?

Just curious.. Was boras the agent for McGuire? IROD? Palmerio? Canseco? Camminitti? Drew? Helton? Bagwell? AROD? Ortiz? Maddux? Ryan? randy Johnson? Schilling? henderson? Franco? Sheffield? jenkins? or any of the other hitters rumored to be on the juice?

I would love to see Boras being nailed as the front man or the guy who directed the players towards the usage of steriods or HGH.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Scott Boras represents 95% of all MLB players - and 100% of PED abusers. He's working toward, but hasn't yet inked, Satan as his next client."

Your reply was in blue and all, TLB, but that list of his questionably peaking clients was only the pitchers. I can list all the HITTERS whose performances reached their highest levels JUST before free agency (Johnny Damon, Adrian Beltre, Javy Lopez, and on and on), but it's no longer a coincidence.

No, he doesn't represent 95% nor is he the agent of all abusers. But that's too much empirical evidence to dismiss, or brush off.

Care to defend Scott Boras and all his suspicious players? Good luck...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Yea, GSP - it's not that I'm sticking up for Boras --- far from it. My hunch, though, is that roughly 95% of MLBers have used and/or are using PEDs. Boras is not responsible for this. Find another agent who has a long client list, and I'm sure a similar number of suspicious performance peaks would be there.

I wasn't attacking the claim that Boras's players use PEDs, just the notion that he is representing the 'juiced' players. If a crapload of players use/d PEDs, then a crapload of clients of specific agents will also have used PEDs.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• 4 weeks later...

I am bumping this topic because the report is expected to be released on Thursday, according to the NY Daily News and ESPN. There are some reports out there that 60-80 current and former MLB players will be named.

I wonder if this will be the day MLB bombs because so many names could be released. Then again, sixty does seem like a low number to me if there are former players from the 1980's mentioned in the report. So who really knows? Maybe up to 30-40 current players may be implicated.

I'll be very interested to find out how they gathered their information and who they talked to. They did not have the power of subpoena and from what I understand they did not speak to many players at all (most players would not cooperate from what I understand).

As much as I am for the effort of eradicating PED's from baseball and penalizing those who are caught, I am always mystified at the scrutiny that baseball comes under. More so than any other sport. Football in particular always seem to escape the glaring spotlight of the steroid controversy.

Legal eagles, a little help here. Theoretically speaking, let's say that a player who has honestly never used any type of PED gets named in the Mitchell papers. Would he have any grounds for a slander lawsuit? My guess is that he would have to prove that the investigation made unreasonable assumptions or made conclusions on hearsay. My point being, if a player could bring up a slander lawsuit and didn't, wouldn't that be somewhat of an admission of guilt? Along this same line, could McGwire have sued Conseco for slander? Or, could Bonds have sued the writers and publisher of "Game of Shadows"? If so, then are they admitting guilt by not doing so? I don't know...maybe I'm way off base here.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

besides PEDs, we also have to recognize the motivation of a player in a contract year, just focusing on his performance more since there's something else to play for. Willie Mays himself said he would hold back on hitting so many home runs outside of a contract year, because then in his final year he would show all that improvement. Granted, 0.1% of MLB players have his sort of talent to just turn it on and off like that.

There is actually 50 I think could be on that list. The only current Brewer I think that could be on that list is Gagne. I really don't see anyone being on there.

Prepare for the possibility that you're extremely surprised. No names named will shock me. It'd shock me if the list doesn't include some guys that many fans would say, 'I'd never have guessed!' Any current Brewer could be on that list.

If there are roughly 40 current MLB players on the list, that'd make the average just over one player per team. I'd guess some teams won't have any players named, while others might have as many as 3 or 4 (current players). In any event, all this list will tell us is that a very small percentage of users got caught. Nothing else.

Dillon is a very, very, very good guess, simply given his injury history and subsequent recovery.

I really hope no big time Brewers (specifically one of young guys) are on there. I don't need the embarrassment.

I'm pretty much bracing myself for anything/anyone.

I personally believe that Roger Clemens is on something and I wouldn't be surprised if his name were on the list. Adrian Beltre and Miguel Tejada also would not surprise me. Also, ever since 2005 when Derek Lee started raking I had a suspicion of him engaging in some form of doping.

Archived